Monday, November 28, 2022

Snow Alert!

 


I probably didn't need to. Goodness, I have enough stuff in my pantry to get through a month or so if I had to but still the excitement of the approaching storm made me feel I want to make sure I had enough of my regular food to get by. I still consuming a great deal of pickled jalapeno peppers and spicy vegetable juice every morning. Also, I noticed I was running out of beef taquitos and frozen burritos. My Monday staff person is often hungry when she gets here, I'm her 1st person of the day, she leaves pretty early to get here on time. It's the least I can do is to have something for the have breakfast with and she does like both of those items. I've been thinking about also heating up some of my biscuits, baking soda biscuits and opening up a can of sausage gravy that you have a is just a breakfast of baking soda biscuits and sausage gravy a breakfast of champions.


The weather people have been forecasting the store for some time. I was kind of like getting out of the apartment and I blame myself for that because Liss was an HALF hour early. I was really quite behind schedule this morning. Still I dallied around this morning and finally when I did get out to the market I had little issue going but coming home the storm had decided to focus itself and begin with a vengeance started out with a little rain and sprinkles to finally huge snowflakes. I was not soaked when I got home but I was wet and cold. I did even where a lap blanket just to make sure I wasn't too cold. So now I have everything I need 2 more bottles of juice and 3 cans of sliced jalapenos pickled. A whole box of crackers and all kinds of soup in my pantry canned. I still have the fixings for a batch of gar-broc. I have steak and chicken in the fridge freezer and 3 good-sized potatoes. I'm set for whatever the storm will bring. In fact or in a bit of a snow pattern now with storms following each other every couple days now for the next foreseeable future. I have not heard about the drought being over that certainly be affected. The snow geeks are beside themselves with excitement with the “greatest snow on earth” and the poor are just cold, wet and hungry and search for affordable if not accessible housing. Not to be smug but I'm set. Also, the but wound I thought that I had and it was a but wound did not seem as bad this morning when Lissy inspected by but. She put on a pretty good dressing and reassured me I was going to live.


It was not an exciting day but semi-productive and enjoyable. I got my sheets changed Lissy gave me another set of sheets that her sons had grown of. She put on flannel type sheets exactly what I need with a snow storm approaching that it's always cold when the snows on the ground

No comments: