Monday, December 04, 2023

Brothers Help

 I must say it's kind of weird but the weather outside is delightful it's not at all frightful. It feels more like spring than winter and technically we are still in autumn but we should have much colder weather and much more snow. But putting that aside it's certainly nice to get out and about. Finally, today I jumped on the bus and went down Redwood Road till I got to my bank, Mountain America Credit Union, I could finally get some money/ cash to finish the December mail out. It's getting pretty late in the month that kind of perturbs me a little bit but it'll have to slide this month and hopefully it'll be just as well. While I was at the credit union I once again got new PIN numbers. It's really drives me crazy but I guess it's for my own good. Probably forgot the last pin numbers they gave me probably this summer so I couldn't use the cash machine nor could I get the money from the service desk at my local market. Or I could even use the cash machine at the community college just down the road MCU has an ATM at the community college. I'm surprised always how long it takes to accomplish anything doing public transit. You only probably do one or two items a day with any effectiveness so after my Mountain America Credit Union work I stopped off at my local market and picked up my baclofen which I dropped off last week and forgot to pick up when I left the market. I got a couple other things while I was there. Like I said feels good to be out and about again.


I was home again for a little bit actually I was actually working out on my arm bike when my brother called and was interested in coming back and working on some more stuff at the apartment. And soon he was back he was here we are both working at trying to fix the shower chair that has a Caster that's gone bad and it's really a puzzle for my home health person myself to get me around in and out of the shower sometimes when the cast are freezes up because the bearings are long gone. We spent a lot of time going over the shower chair trying to get any contact information possible let me finally did but by the time we got the phone number called it was way too late they had gone home for the day. Tonight I was looking at the materials and I think now I know how to go about at least sizing the Caster that I need so I don't act totally stupid if and when they should call after I left a message on their answering service. I really enjoy working with my brother again it's been a long time since I've seen him I'm glad that he's well and doing fine and healthy. Interestingly enough, my other brother called today and we spent some time visiting. He always calls when he sends me money for my birthday or for Christmas to let me know that the money is coming and to be sure that I get the money or the envelope that's coming in as soon as possible. It was good to talk with him as well. I wish the three of us get together and iron out some of our differences that would be sort of fun if not healthy

No comments: