Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Day


 


 Christmas 2023 started out as a joyous Advent indeed when my home health person showed up and it was my old friend and one of my favorite workers Annette! That was a real surprise I figured I was going to get this older Russian woman that I have had before but I haven't been to please with her support where's Annette and I have a good relationship and enjoyed each other's company till she could no longer serve me because of an automobile accident. But before she got here I woke up around 7:15 that never happens I never wake up that early and that was just by sleeping in. I was up till about 11:30 the night before/ Christmas Eve and I wasn't too terribly tired I thought but I was pleased to get to bed and not have to worry about pooping thanks to Mark yesterday morning. I sure appreciate that. I was really pleased that while I was doing my business and that swept the floors in the kitchen and mopped a little bit. I forgot how productive she could be and it was just good to see her again a real Christmas morning present that I had not expected at all.


I of course didn't go anywhere today there was no place to go markets are closed, no bus running so I pretty much hung around the apartment enjoyed the treats in and out of the refrigerator and watched Netflix and Marvel and enjoyed my time alone. The kids got here late afternoon coming from a Christmas party/dinner and they brought me over great pieces of food from there Christmas get together so I actually had a Christmas dinner. Plus tons of leftovers all my favorite items from Christmas meals. Just say nothing a fresh batch of store containers/storage containers with lids that fit I truly am lucky. I should go through those that I have and get rid of the ones I can't use anymore. I have many plastic containers that have no top or lids and those are sort of kind of just useless so I need to do some sorting out after the first of the year and just save things I have lids for that are pretty usable. The image I have tonight is an image of the gift I got for my daughter Michelle and family. My trusty Dusty box of protein products that I can't remember the company it comes from but you know the one that has all the meat logs and meat sticks. I think it's sort of become a tradition to get such a device from Shelly every year it's nice to have around for cheese and crackers and summer sausage.


It's been a nice quiet yet Joy is Christmas with visits from family and food from their table and a conscious effort to spend time with the Crusty old grandfather like me. I have much to be thankful for and I'm grateful for a place to live in that's nice warm quiet and safe and a place for family can come and spend the holiday season with me as much as they can. I have way too much sugar as far as cookies and things of that nature go and I have adequate proteins and vegetables in the refrigerator in my concoction and juices. I think I will do okay this Joy season and wish you all

No comments: