Friday, December 01, 2023

December already?

 It's official, we turn the page, it's December 1 2023. I could say unbelievable but I use that term way too much it just is. It's the last month of the year and it's Christmas time and fortunately for me there is a break in the clouds this afternoon which allowed me to run to the market pick up a few items before the clouds roll back in tonight and do some snowing. I don't think we're going to get much snow here on the floor but it's just the idea that storms are coming and I don't want to be in need over the storm.. I almost dropped the hammer last night or this afternoon or this morning and setting up an account for home delivery. I did this in large part because of the cold weather as well as a funky wheelchair that I don't have a whole lot of faith in but it keeps getting me to where I need to go. I've been trying for 2 days now to get the stupid guy over at the wheelchair shop to call me back to set up an appointment to pick up my chair, my main chair, that needs to repair. He must not like me as much as I dislike him. And it's not that I dislike him I don't know it just seems flaky. But anyway I figured in this inclement weather time when it does snow a lot I am housebound/ apartment bound and maybe it's time that I really consider home delivery shopping for groceries I got to the park where I was trying to pay for what I had ordered and it wouldn't take any of my information even if I tried to use another paying system through the Google Network. It was just enough frustration for me to just put on my jacket and head across the street. I still think I need to at least get registered with this organization so if I do need home delivery I can get it. Have I ever mentioned that next to my grocery store is a dollar store? I don't know if it's all a dollar or what but they have milk in sealed containers that can be put into storage. I like the milk and use it on a daily basis just because it's good and the boxes are square that can handle it very easily and I can have a pile of cartons of milk in my closet to use as I need but I'm currently almost out. Today when I went to the market I stopped by the dollar store and got me three quarts of whole milk my favorite. I was carrying a lot of stuff actually and I had plastic bags full of sliced peppers which are kind of heavy and the three quarts of milk are pretty heavy too. Anyway I got home and I only had one quart of milk and I was just too exhausted to go out and try to find out where I dropped him. I think what happened was the fat sacks for two low and rubbed against the wheel which or a hole in the bags and I dropped the milk. I should have had two bags or three bags and thickness but I didn't and I should have had a basket but I had not done that either I just wanted to run over and run back. And like a white American I figured well it's only $1.25 a box I can lose it. And I can live off the one quart of milk for some time. But I still might go over tomorrow before the storms come replace two more items of milk and maybe a couple more cans of peppers

No comments: