Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Movie day

 I could have slept better but I guess in the long run I did okay because I didn't feel too drug out today but I remember waking up at 3:00 a.m. and I wasn't sure if I was going to get back to sleep or not but I guess I did a couple times eventually getting up at 6:00 a.m. for my day. Of course there was no assist meeting today since it's in the in between week and all private non-profit industry seems to be taking it off. I did call you Kat to see about my chair and of course no one's around they're closed until a week from today January 2nd. It's the float time nothing gets done to speak of until the start of a new year. Having said that I figured I would do something and checked out the schedule for the bus as well as for the movies and decided I would take in a movie for the day. I want to be able to get an early enough movie that I'd be able to get back and do my 1 hour workout today. I probably should have done something more responsible like cleaned up the apartment a little bit but I figure it's Christmas holiday time and I'm going to revert back to irresponsibility of the season.


I wanted to make sure that I'd be warm enough so I dug out a blanket to put over my legs as well as I found the red jacket that Annette fixed yesterday and so I'll be able to wear it today along with my slippery shirts. The day was pretty cold even with a clear sky and a bright sun shining down. I wasn't too uncomfortable as I crossed the street and waited for the bus to come. It was on time, the bus that is, and I feel comfortable boarding and taking a ride South. That has significant amount of time so I stopped in and got a sandwich at one of the sandwich shops in that area. It was supposed to have been a vegetarian kind of thing which I guess it was but it was basically a cheese sandwich with lettuce. I think I need to stick with Subway. I was kind of surprised that there was a significant amount of people going to the movie that I was going to which was kind of a shock. It was a romantic comedy rom-com not as good as the ones with Meg Ryan and what's his name but still it was kind of cute kind of stupid but kind of cute. A lot of F words and kind of confusing with all the different people involved. But it was a good movie and good to get out. I'd like to do another movie If I Could before the end of the year at least another movie there's a couple more I want to go to. What an animation and another kind of historical document type of thing. Be pretty good diversions actually not that I need any. I just got to make sure I leave enough time and energy to do my arm bike. Keeping myself up physically I think is the most important thing I can do right now and perhaps dump a little weight. Who knows if that's possible.


I got home and it was close enough to dinner that I could actually warm up a few of the leftovers from the kids' visit yesterday. Some funeral potatoes and some kind of breakfast mashup of good flavors like a breakfast casserole sausage and eggs and such onions. I didn't eat a lot just enough to get me by and then actually watched the Jazz gave all the way to the end. I'm going to have to change my negative approach to the team they actually did a pretty decent game tonight they won and it was kind of entertaining amazingly so..

No comments: