Saturday, December 23, 2023

Saturday's cook

I really enjoy my Saturday morning excursions over to the coffee shop with my little crew of folk that join me from one week to the next but I really also like Saturday mornings particularly when I can do a breakfast. I like to cook and I like to cook for myself. The trouble is that you make something large and you're stuck with it then for however long it takes to consume it. However, if you're cooking for your family it's not just a big deal cuz everything usually gets eaten pretty much Within 24 hour. It seems like. So today I cooked up this package of huge bacon pieces or thick bacon. The bacon I cooked this morning I purchased the number of months ago when it showed up in the meet throwaway section at my local market. It only cost me three bucks for the whole bundle. I took it out of the freezer a couple days ago but today was the first morning I had a chance to actually put it to the Heat and enjoy some crisp thick bacon. I wanted to make sure I had enough food stocked up that I can get through Sunday as well as Monday which is Christmas Day. So if I feel so inclined to have bacon and eggs on Monday morning I can do that or Sunday morning for that fact since it sounds like I'm not going out to breakfast tomorrow which is okay it's pretty much my call. Marc Anthony texted me about possibly not being able to get out to breakfast tomorrow because he had a show tonight he had to do his thing at which was all I needed to volunteer to skip tomorrow. So I could actually have bacon tomorrow with eggs since I went to the market and got a dozen jumbo eggs. I should be set now for the holiday. I will not be doing a roast or a ham or a large piece of protein like that especially since I just got my meat box in. If I really wanted to have beef I can go into my Omaha collection. I also got some more vegetables for my concoction celery, cucumbers, that kind of stuff plus another large container of orange juice and I should be pretty well set. I also got more candy bars for the candy collection for Melissa even though she won't be back until probably next Wednesday since she's taking off Christmas day which is Monday.


The temperature has dropped again, the fine spring like days are gone, it took me a while this morning in the middle afternoon to build up enough courage to crawl into my hoodie and make the trip across the street to the market. My red jacket the red jacket I love for a number of reasons is probably dead. I don't know what happened but I pulled the zippers apart from the jacket itself you know so it won't zip up and down but we tried a long time tried to fix it but couldn't get the zipper free. I suppose I could take it too Carl I'll have him come over and look at it maybe he can do. He might be able to fix it but my experience has been once these plastic zippers start malfunctioning that's the end of the road. Suppose I can get another zipper to sew into it but that's way beyond my skill set and I don't know how much I would want to pay to have somebody else do it but I don't know if I'll find another jacket that fits me as well as this does and is easy for me to get in and out of. The two other jackets I have are large are more like rain Slicker type jackets not like this the red one this has got the red outside woolly outside in the sheer slippery inside which makes it easy for me to get in and out of. I may have to do some checking around. But that's it for this year. I hardly have done anything for Christmas I want to stick one of the nut packages, salted nuts, my brother seems to like those I think I'm one of those in the Box I'll give it to him for Christmas seems weird and kind of cheap but I've been that way this year. I didn't even write about Kelly stopping me on the way to the barber yesterday Kelly bowls with my old roommate and Buddy from college he actually gave me a $50 bill for Christmas totally amazing. He didn't stop me from going to the barber so he just said hi and goodbye and that was it it's too bad I would like to have visited with him more but another Christmas miracle you can always use 50 bucks… 

No comments: