Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Folding Time





 This image is not pretty but it's exemplary of my Wednesday. I fully was committed to going to a movie this afternoon or even this late morning but my home health person was pretty late getting in that wouldn't have changed much anyway because I was so focused on the movie perhaps that I neglected to remember it was Wednesday which means it's wash day. Even if Missy throws the wash in the washing machine and then takes them out and stows them in the dryer and starts that machine before she leaves that still doesn't stop the fact that I have to dry the clothes one more time and then at least Retreat them and not dry is finished back to the apartment. All this and still find time to do my 60 Minute Workout on the arm bike. Knowing all this I pretty much figure I won't be going to the movies today. That's fine the movies will wait. Still have a couple more days of the month we get two more movies in to justify my $20 a month passed all the movies at my local Regal Theater. Any movie they're showing as many times as I want for just the price of the monthly fee.


The rest of the day pretty much was taken up with waiting for the wash to dry and picking up a little bit in the kitchen and then dragging the dried clothes back to the apartment and throw them on the bed and then folding. Today I waited till after I had finished my arm bike experience giving me 180 minutes so far. Just one more day on the arm bike will give me the 200 minutes that I require every week for the best return on my physical investment. If I get the chance I'll put in a couple more 30 minutes sets maybe before the new year.


Not to be too explicit but I've been having this pain in my groin area for the last well I don't know how long it's been going for years actually it comes and goes that's why I'm not too too worried about the pain but it's becoming a bit more focused and a little bit more acute and I may have to start thinking about getting the thing looked at. Like I said I've suffered with this for years it comes and goes and I tend to live on. So it seems to me that it's not too deadly, I mean if it was a cancer or something like that it would have run its course one or the other and I would it would not be here. I'm thinking it might be a hernia of some sort and maybe that's why it goes on and off I'm basically messed up just because it's it does mess with my sleep a little bit especially the sharp jabbing pain that randomly shoots through that area from time to time. Not all the time mind you and not all that frequently but there is a sharp pain every once in awhile plus a much lower level pain that seems to come and go. I've even thought about it it might be a sprain a strain of some sort to my muscular areas from negotiating my lower legs especially when I go to bed or get up. Tonight however I'm going to take some Tylenol or profen and see if that has an impact as far as letting me better sleep. A pretty quiet day as we get close to New Years …



No comments: