Saturday, December 30, 2023

Smaller!





.

I don't write this posting disparagingly after all the gift is a gift and I appreciate all the gifts that I got for Christmas this year. The image on today's post is the box that I got from my daughter for Christmas. The Good Old Hickory Farms box with sausages cheeses and crackers and the square little candies my son used to call shabby's and he was too young to say strawberries. When the Box first came it was a couple days before Christmas of course so I just sort of put it aside, since I didn't get a Christmas tree this year. And just waited for the days to come so I can open up my gifts. So finally on Christmas morning I opened up the package from Michelle and true to form it was the box from Hickory Farms. I kind of just glanced at the Box seeing what it was and didn't really look too closely it was only after a couple of days when I finally decided that I might Maybe make a snack out of the some of the cheeses and crackers. When I opened up the covering of the box I realized that the cheese blocks we're just a sliver it seemed like compared to what used to be in the cheese blocks. There was only two kinds of cheese and I didn't notice it first but the sausages were much smaller than even last year's box. Truly Hickory Farms is downsizing and downsizing big time. I mean seriously I would be embarrassed if I were the folks at Hickory Farms and passing these gift boxes office something special. What is special is that my daughter thought enough of me to send me a gift box and I know that she was thinking that the cheese is in the sausage were the same size as always. It seems like the whole commercial world is going in that direction. It doesn't really bother me very much except for it till just a minor irritation. Perhaps it's the irritation from thinking that these companies will not notice that they're shaft the American public and they won't even notice unbelievable.

I may have written about this in the past but I saw the same phenomenon with the soft drink folks the cans are smaller than what they used to be for the same price but in most cases more than what they used to cost. The plastic bottles for what used to be the large soft drink containers like Coke and Pepsi are probably just as tall but a lot skinnier than what they used to provide soft drinks in. It's just everywhere. And I know it's an economic thing and that has something to do with the economy and all that kind of stuff but you'd think they would be at least a little bit more honest with the American folks as opposed to trying to dupe them with smaller sizes and thinking we aren't going to notice.l


I probably should have gone over to the market today or at least two the dollar xsstore but I just couldn't get myself excited enough to get dressed up to the point that I would be able to leave the apartment. I'd have to put my shoes on and probably wrap something around my shoulders just to be comfortable and to make the dash over to the market and back. I figured I didn't need to go to any more movies today I'd gone to enough this week to cover anything like that. I did focus on the aspect of finishing the kid letters at least getting the dictation down I still have to print the letters as well as the envelopes and see if I have enough cash the stuff the envelopes properly for the new year. I just stayed in the apartment all day watched a couple dishes cooked some dinner a steak and a hamburger patty for tomorrow. I think I may have a hamburger in the afternoon. I got a couple booger buns when they did the food box last week so I'm pretty set for New Year's Eve. Janet my friend from upstairs even brought me over a small bottle of rum to mix with my eggnog…


No comments: