Thursday, December 14, 2023

Cold obligations

Another incredibly long and cold day for me to be out in the elements. Of course there was the coffee group this morning at 9:30 and it was poorly attended I don't know why except for the room itself was all changed around for the building Christmas lunch function that I did attend because I ended up going to lunch with my old buddy Dwayne from the state of Utah government. Those are pretty much lightweight Adventures compared to what I had to do about 4:00 which was dress up and head down to the bus stop catch the bus then the 200 bus into Salt Lake City where I had to attend a board meeting for the private nonprofit I used to work for at the Independent Living Center it was also there company holiday function. How easy things would be if I had a vehicle and a driver's license but that's things of the past. It was chilly catching the bus inbound but pretty straightforward what was really grim was the bus ride home. But first the independent living function holiday party.


I really kind of hate these kinds of things where people are more or less suppressed into going to these functions then faking out like they are enjoying themselves playing silly games and eating silly food. Today the food was provided from a major authentic Mexican food place here in town that all the upper strata folk go to. I particularly am not fun fond of their food chicken and pork shredded for tacos and such burritos Plus other things like rice and beans but no Frijoles to speak of and a couple of tubs of some kind of Mexican roll up burrito covered in cheese. Authentic Mexican food joints never have ground beef and that's what I like best on my Mexican food plate. But they did have a good red juice drink kind of fizzy. The drink saved the dinner for me. I suffered through the dinner and then suffered through part of the games. Tell him couldn't take it any longer and then sprung for the doors quickly as I could. My best excuse was I had to catch a bus. I had to get to the bus stop. Of course by the time that I was heading out it was nearly 6:00 and the sun was down and seemed so was the temperature. Of course just as I was getting to the bus stop where the bus was sitting waiting it took off even though it saw me coming into the bus stop and I waved my arms so he knew I wanted to him but he took off anyway and it was a long cold time before the next bus showed up. Now this bus drop me off where I had to pick up another bus which had to take me to the Community College because the bus stop was counting on was closed because of Street work. So at the community college I waited for the next bus which seem to take forever. It was dark and cold and I was sitting trying to imagine myself in the warmer spot. Finally however, the 217 southbound showed up and I eagerly rolled a board and came on home. I left the heater on on purpose when I left and the apartment was relatively toasty when I got home. I'm ready to channel down in almost ready to get ready for bed but I still have some things I've got to do. A long day for me. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a bit of a respite…

No comments: