Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tuesday's time

My day was brightened by a video call from my very old friend DD, not that insipid duck from Walt Disney, but a friend from my youth. I guess it's one of the benefits and special gifts of old men when they're contacted by friends from the past- the Deep past. My friend is very bright much so than me but he tends to slow his Jets down to take time to visit with me which I totally appreciate. We talked we gossiped made fun of historical moments from the past if not hysterical. Then we went on our way. I don't know where he went but I pumped my arm back for an hour under the guise of personal Recreation and self improvement. I don't know why I do this but it makes me feel good like I'm in some form of control over my life.m


After 1 hour of pumping on my arm bike I decided I better go to the market, first time this week, and Revitalize my vegetables needed for my daily meal of cold vegetable soup some form of gazpacho. I had to get celery and cucumbers a can of whole kernel corn and French cut green beans which I came back to the apartment and replenished my vat of vegetables Addy the can of sliced pickled jalapeno peppers it made quite a bit but will last me about 2 to 3 days then I'll start the process again. I'm totally surprised I'm ingesting this mixture on a daily basis. I truly hope it's doing me some good. I'm not sure what that good would be necessarily but still I'm pretty consistent. I have to admit however in my Zeal for slice and dice and add to the mixture I once again destroyed what little bit of order was in my kitchen. Now there's stuff all over the floor all kinds of vegetable pieces on the floor which I've dried and hardened into a disgusting looking collection of rejected vegetables. Before we go to bed I plan to sweep up a little bit and maybe soak the area where I tend to ingest a lot of the vegetables see if I can mop it up tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon whenever. I'm definitely losing the battle of order in my apartment. My current home health person does sweep up the apartment fairly regularly. No mopping or anything unless I specifically ask but the sweeping helps a lot. I just have to figure out where to put stuff like when I come home and not just throw everything on the table in the kitchen. I've almost come to the belief that being able to stand and move around is a key feature in keeping the apartment clean. I just can't see things from a higher position sometimes when I elevate my chair I can get a glimpse of how things could and should be. I live in continual hope that a full bona fide cleaning person one day walk into my apartment and ask for the privilege of cleaning my unit.

No comments: