Friday, December 22, 2023

Thinking of Friday

I believe I've moaned in the past about the coffee shop across the street and how it's not open on Sundays and in particular not open on holidays. I guess I could understand the holiday part everyone needs to have holidays off but there's been years I know where he's closed from Christmas Eve the entire week to New Year's it's a long time to go without your local coffee shop. Anyway because of that we decided that we would( my coffee drinking buddy and me) would meet on friday, today instead of our usual Saturday morning hook up at the coffee shop and because of that I had asked my home health person to come in as early as she could today. Because we usually meet at 9:30 for coffee and my Home Health person, Melissa wanders in here around 8:20 to 8:30 meaning I'd cut it real close for my 1 hour of service to be able to get there in time to have coffee with my friend Janet.


Melissa was early but not by very much and I was kind of worried that Janet would be there and I would not so I texted her that I might be a little late but thanks to focused concentration and maybe cutting my session a little short I was able to get out of the bathroom in time for our regular time hook up. I may be a little bit sorry for my haste now because, now my stomachs begin to gurgle a little bit and of course I begin to worry immediately that I'm going to poop my pants and start the countdown until Monday morning when my home health person will show up and this time it's not Melissa it's somebody else that I'm not too familiar with that only adds to my frustration and perhaps a little fear that things will not go well. But one thing I've learned the last couple of years is that things do work out regardless of the mess the time and who has to become involved and maybe that's possibly one of my Christmas miracles. Don't sweat the big things.



The other event of the day was the service coordinator luncheon. The service coordinators, or the folks who help us out if we have issues and problems with bureaucracy and other areas, I guess decide to go together and have a catered lunch which was today at 1:00 why so late I don't know that's another one of my constant irritations late lunches. Anyway today it was fried chicken parts actually chicken tenders, coleslaw and a cookie and bottled water of course. I wanted to be somewhat of a loner so I found the table that nobody else was at and it seemed within minutes people have picked up from their table they're sitting at and came over to sit at my table I don't know why maybe they just didn't want to poor little disabled guy to sit by himself on Christmas dinner. Anyway, the meal was not Stellar but it was okay. Had I known it was going to be as simple as it was I would have certainly passed on the whole event. But I made a good showing ate my dinner direct my water and got back to my apartment as soon as I could. I worked out on my bike and watched at least two movies. The days continue to be beautiful but that should end today tonight I mean it's a cold front comes through and drops the temperature but it's a naturally warm but quite nice to be out in.. 

No comments: