Sunday, December 03, 2023

Sunday supports

I am so lucky or blessed are both. Today of course was breakfast over at the restaurant not far from my apartment complex. The place we go every Sunday morning. A darken ed moist morning not a lot of rain just a mist at least it wasn't snow I was thankful for that. My chair that I've been using, the backup chair seems to be getting worse and worse. Fortunately Sunday morning is very little traffic on Redwood Road which I have to cross to get to the restaurant. But the chair was pulling a little to the left more so than usual but I didn't think much about it until I got to the restaurant parking lot and my granddaughter's boyfriend came out to greet me. They had been watching for me. By then my chair was actually almost not going forward at all and tending to go around in circles if I let it but if I'm patient I could go a little bit in a forward motion. Follow it a good breakfast and good conversation Marc Anthony basically pushed me home and we looked at my chair a little bit but couldn't find anything that we could figure out to make it any better. At least I was home and I have Netflix and the Disney Channel so I can keep myself occupied if nothing else which I pretty much did till a little after lunch when I decided I would call my older brother who's very mechanical is good at this kind of stuff.


Fortunately he was there at his house and came right over and soon began tickering with my chair no matter what we did we couldn't resolve what I think is a bad motor. Then we looked at the other chair the one the newer one that I seem to be having problems with but at this point in the game to have anything that would let me go from point A to point B in a straight line I would totally cover it. We examined the chair very carefully or at least Carl did and he has a much better eye for this kind of stuff that I do. Essentially, he could find nothing wrong and I guess that's good enough for me. He looked at the end of carriage and the Fasteners and he looked at bolts and nuts and make sure everything was tightened up and everything looked okay. Before I left I had him sling me up and put me in the big chair and I've been using it ever since. I swear it was listed on me the other day when I thought that the seat was for sure broken. It looks like I'm back in the race and now I have to figure out a way to get my power chair, my backup chair over 

Tto you cat just see if I can put new Motors on the thing.


Today's experience sure makes me thankful for the chair that I've got. And really makes me Focus on making sure I have a backup chair. The weekend has been totally enlightening in that category. I should be playing catch up all week. I've got to get cash for the kids letters and just get cash. After all it's Christmas……

No comments: