Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Meat Teat





I'm not sure if I have mentioned a struggle I've been having for some time now in trying to decide whether or not I wanted to order that $100 deal that Omaha Steaks has been offering the past couple of months. I've coveted some time the possibility of having a freezer full of Quality Meat. Steaks, chicken, some pork but not much would all be cool I thought. And it was during this Christmas season but I thought you know what I should just order it and see. The enticed me by offering 12 burgers to go along with the regular order of a lot of meat really. But I still wasn't sold enough to drop the hammer and place an order. Then I got my annual call for my brother who sent me money every Christmas it seems like now but he has to make sure that I know that the envelopes coming the mail is coming and to be sure to watch out for it and let him know as soon as I get the envelope and open it and see the money there. This year he sent me five Chris $20 bills and that was just enough for me to justify The $99 Omaha Steak deal. Before I could chicken out I I went to the website and painfully looked over all the different options and finally chose the one that I spoke of earlier flaming youngs, pork chops, chicken breasts and lots of burgers. I wasn't even thinking about her I was going to keep something like this I just wanted to have access to this much meat. Then the first of this week I got an email from Omaha indicating that my package would be delivered on the 21st of the month which is cool I figured that but then I got another email the next day indicating the package has been delivered and I hadn't seen anything. So of course but devious mind starts thinking about porch Pirates and though it almost be impossible for them to get inside the apartment complex here but I think it could be done. However, I would still be able to see who did it because we have surveillance cameras all over the place. And naturally I began to worry about what could have happened to my order. I even spoke with the manager of the building this morning to see if somebody had reported a scene in a white styrofoam box sitting by the front door. We keep the front door locked the good part of the day or in the evenings and sometimes drivers delivering stuff can't get in the building cuz I don't know the password leaves the stuff or the Box just outside the front door. Of course this scares me to death thinking that of course that's just an invitation for somebody. Styrofoam box even if it's all taped up you know there's got to be something good inside.


I was relieved mid boarding coming back from the laundromat to find a white styrofoam box sitting outside my door! They had not forgotten me and my box had not been stolen. I finished getting my wash into the apartment then went back and finagled my styrofoam box inside again beginning to worry that where was I going to store this stuff? It's quite a bit of meat and the fact that each kind of meet like when there's like four pieces of the same thing like four flaming youngs for hamburgers patties I'll come into little box so there's a bunch of little boxes which would make it impossible to try to store it all in the refrigerator freezer but if you took everything out of the boxes you could stack it up in there pretty decently. My freezer is a bit of a chaotic mess is that redundant redundant? It took a little doing getting inside of all those boxes but I finally got them all open and got the protein out and threw it in the freezer sticking Frozen pieces of meat anywhere I could find an opening and I did pretty good I should be set for a good many months. Especially in the burger section nice to think I've got 12 Burgers to look forward to. In fact I had a Omaha Steak Burger for dinner in the form of a hamburger as I watched the Utah Jazz choke again. I don't know if I would do the meat thing again at least not from Omaha. I think there are other meat vendors that sell the same if not more amount of meat for a lot less money. For Omaha you're just buying the name and a lot of packaged meat.. 

No comments: