Thursday, December 21, 2023

Santa 2023





I'm finding it most difficult to figure out what I want to write about tonight. Do I want to write about the incredibly nice weather we're having or the fact that today was the regular/annual Christmas client party at the Independent Living Center where I did my usual Santa Claus interpretation. Or maybe I can semi-scalefully right about both. How's that?


I woke early with the expectation of an interesting day. Today I will be at the Independent Living Center and I will be Santa Claus as I usually am. The party this year seems to be pretty early starting at about 12:00 and going till about 2:30 or so. But it's Thursday and that means I don't have someone to dress me and the center is sending it driver over to pick me up around 10:30 which means I have to be semi-quick. I think I got out of bed around 6:30 a.m. and I was up and ready to meet the world by 9:00 a.m. which I forgot to include the fact that it's also coffee social today so I like to be down there to see if there's any way I can be of assistance. I was a little spooked when I got to the common room it was all dark the tables hadn't been moved together and there was no Marcia insight brewing coffee. Marsha had slept in and so we are quite behind but that was no problem there's just a few of us at the social today anyway. We had good coffee some nice treats and good conversation but I was kind of glad to get it over with and be ready to be picked up around 10:30 when the driver did show up. Let me remind you that usually I really don't have a driver and I just take public transit like earlier last week when it was so cold. I felt totally special this day however having to drive her pick me up and take me home and the fact that the weather is incredible- - but more on that later.


It seemed a bit chaotic at the Independent Living Center when I got there which is not unsurprisingly as they are trying to get ready to meet a great horde of individuals who will also be looking for lunch. The Bell Affair this year was pancakes scrambled eggs and juice of some sort and sausage. I stayed out of the way and basically enjoy the event. Usually they feed me early so I can be ready to meet the consumers after they've been fed but today that didn't happen and I was able to scarf down a little food before the event. It was a good event however humble but that's okay. We had a bit of a production line running the consumers through getting a picture with Santa and a sack of goodies. It took quite a while but it was relatively efficient it was kind of different than usual maybe it's the new director who was so nervous about the whole thing I had to feel sorry for her and just be supportive which I think she appreciated. With the pictures taken and the luncheon it was time for me to return and as I rolled out I could not believe how beautiful the day was but then that's what the second part of this posting is about.


I've now seen a couple of postings on either Facebook or Instagram or whatever about how beautiful the weather is how spring like and how perhaps concerned we should all be about the fact that we're not getting a winter the way we're supposed to and it's all because of global warming. I'm 100% sure that's the reason but as I've talked to a couple people I think we're okay at least here in Utah right now but I think our descendants are going to feel the real stress of the global warming thing unless we as a people do something about it. I look around and see all chaos going on in other parts of the country in the world major Hundred Year floods and roaring water flowing down the streets and think wow how come we aren't as the westerners and Utah specifically lucky enough to avoid all these tragedies. I always say we are not void of these tragedies are just does not come up yet and that will be a doozy when it does I think it's going to be a shift and major earthquake and that's going to be our tragedy. I know it's very selfish but I certainly hope I miss that bullet. So I'm pretty well done now till the first of the year if not longer of any major responsibilities. I don't even know if I have any more meetings except for a coffee date I have for tomorrow and that's just because our regular coffee shop is closed on Saturday he always closes between Christmas and New Years kind of drives me crazy but anyway we're moved our coffee date back or ahead one day. I'm tired tonight and I didn't even work out during the day hopefully I'll be tired enough to get all the way through the night oh and the best thing of all happy solstice for now on the days get longer and I'm happy as a clam…

No comments: