Thursday, December 07, 2023

Self-absorbed

 I think I developing a wound on my butt. It's on the right hand side and I think it's related to my power chair. I blame everything I can on my power chair just because it makes me feel so uncomfortable. That's probably my scoliosis that's getting out of control and costing me to put all my weight on my right side over my hip which basically breaks down the skin over time. If you remember, I'm doing that tattoo tape on my butt, using it as a second skin which I think has been working admirably over the last couple of years but I think now my skin it might be breaking down for just direct pressure. I don't know if there's a fix wheelchair-wise. Perhaps maybe UCAT fix my power chair my backup chair.. and I can use it and this elevator chair I can use asthma backup chair which is a shame because I like the elevator chair quite a bit it's just that it's so fragile that I think I've turned it apart which really bums me out. Anyway the right side seems to be having some issues and wet my shift all goes to my right side and that puts weight right over my hip. Hopefully, Utah Center for assistive technology we'll take little time and repairing the chair. I can't believe they would not have Motors they could just attach to the chair. We shall see. In the meantime that means more lying back in the chair as much as I can watching Netflix or some other platform which offers minimal televised entertainment.


I've been in my chair all day so my butt's hurting but it's also the second day since I had my Band-Aids changed and maybe that's what I'm feeling is just the Band-Aids wanting to be changed again I don't know we'll see tomorrow when Melissa is here. I don't really want to peel off this dressing she's got on now because I think the adhesive is still quite strong and I don't want to tear any skin off my buttocks. If it does look like it might be skin breakdown I'll have to go in to the wound clinic and see what they say. Fortunately, I really have been blessed with fast healing skin repair. If I would have to go down I think it wouldn't take long to have the wound care guys over I'm taking care of me like they did when I had the burn that was really and interesting experience.


Speaking of interesting experiences but on a totally different note. One of the new people who have moved into this property in the last couple months I actually worked and still works at my old company The Independent Living Center. It seems the boss who's been the boss there for almost 40 years and just retired a year ago seems to have taken a bad turn and has landed in the hospital with a very very poor prognosis. I don't think she'll make it through the week but she's quite a fighter and you never know. I'm surprised I have become as emotionally involved with this information as I have been. We were not particularly close. We along pretty well if it remained topical and didn't get too deep. It's so weird having folks that I know fairly close begin to die. I suppose it's natural it just feels very weird…. 

No comments: