Saturday, December 16, 2023

Door Decor






 Truth be told the last couple of years I've kind of wanted to decorate my door for the holidays even before my sweet little granddaughter and her boyfriend did the job a couple years ago. I've just never got into the decoration mode as far as getting the decorations and devices needed to hang on doors and walls and things of

that nature. If I can course my granddaughter into doing more I may do so but at least I'm not the Grinch or Bob Cratchit. So I was quite surprised when the new person who has moved into the properties here and who still works at the agency that I used to work with years ago asked if she could put some decorations on my door. I said sure of course Merry Christmas. I pretty much forgot about the request until I hear a knock knock on my door this morning or mid afternoon I can't remember when and it was Jeannie wishing to start her task of hanging a wreath and a few other items on the door and on the sides of the door I don't know what's called. When she was done, the task did not take very long, I had a great wreath and a couple items on each side of the door to my apartment. It's not a big deal but it is to me. For this season I will have decorations of the season on my door. Then I plan to miserly harvest them at the end of the season put them on a Shelf and then if I'm lucky to still be alive next season apply them again to the door. The thought excites me full of Christmas feelings.


I don't know if it was a cold day all right I just may not have gotten over the long cold day of Thursday but I pretty much stayed in the apartment all day today leaving only to take couple loads of garbage out to the dumpster. I'm trying to clean up the place a little bit just because it's gotten into such a disarray mainly with winter weather gear. I have hoodies and coats and Loxley shirts laying all over the front of the apartment so I worked on that this afternoon and then this evening I tried to sweep up a little bit and try to just make the apartment look a little better. I've been running over a lot of cooked items like cookies, crackers and pretzels the kind of things that under the wheel of this chair turn to dust and crumbs that litter the floor. Really does look bad even in my sleeping area I've got stuff all over the floor which I been working on sweeping up I really need Gloria or alessi to sweep up for me. They can do in 5 minutes what takes me an hour or so to do and it looks a lot better than what I end up coming away with. It's just me I'm sure I can't blame it on the chair like I always try to do. I just have a hard time knowing when things are clean or doing that. I mean I certainly recognize cleanliness when I see it but it's hard for me to produce it and especially hard for me to do it from a wheelchair. My chair is bubbling up again somehow I know and has me listing to the right side. I'm going to have to take it in as soon as I get my other chair back from the shop hopefully soon. I believe the extra weight on my right hip isn't doing me any good…

No comments: