Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last Day

It's another New Year's Eve and I'm sitting here by myself in my apartment putting together the last blog of the year. That's okay I don't know what I would do if I did get invited out to some kind of New Year's Eve function. I don't even know if I would go. I'm surprised they don't have anything going on here at the apartment complex- - they actually may and I have just been overlooked and that wouldn't surprise me at all. One of my friends here did bring me down a small bottle of rum after she found out that I had eggnog badly in need of a shot of rum. Of course not mixed the booze with the drink just because I have this thing about drinking alone. I don't want to do anything I would be worried about and I certainly wouldn't want to mess up where I live and getting a weird reputation. I've done pretty good so far but it's just one slip, one drink and then you're a pariah.


It's just a little after 9:00 p.m. and already the fireworks started. Not the ones put on by the city or the county but I think just individual folks who have their own stashes of legal and illegal fireworks. Of course it drives a lot of the little rat dogs here at the apartment complex crazy and a lot of the dogs are locked up in the owner's bedrooms so they don't get two psychotic- - the dogs that is. I did go out to breakfast with the kids this morning that was fun it's good to get back into the routine. We just went up to the corner D's and had the regular. Other than that I have had a very sedate day. I didn't cook anything to speak of because I did all my cooking yesterday but I did eat a lot of my concoction pickled vegetables seems to be my favorite right now. It seems like somehow the vinegar or the pickle juice gets watered down. And I keep the the items inside the container at refrigerator temperatures just makes a really good mouthful to slurp in every once in awhile as I go past the refrigerator. Tomorrow I'm going to have to slice up another cucumber and put in another can of kernel corn, French cut beans and a can of pickled jalapeno peppers sliced. I did something pretty interesting yesterday I fried up one of the hamburger patties I got from the Omaha beef package and set it aside for today and I nuked it in the microwave and had it between toasted hamburger buns with lots of ketchup and mustard. I ate half of that burger and it was the way to do it. Meal fixed with singleness of mind.


The most productive thing I have done all day was actually work on the kid letters. I wanted to start printing the envelopes and then maybe even the letters so I just have to fold and stuff tomorrow. But of course I couldn't figure out how to get the printer operating at first. It seems like something had gotten messed up in the commands that I was giving the machine Plus, a couple of the envelopes had gotten stuffed in the printer itself and I had to kind of take the printer apart to pull the cramped envelopes out of the rollers. I kind of surprised myself because after an hour or so and at one time almost totally dropping the printer completely, saving it at the last minute, I got the envelopes printed. I called her today after that and watched a little Marvel. Tomorrow, fingers crossed I will print the Letters Out and do this stuffing and stamping and getting them at least to the mailbox to where the postman can find them on Tuesday morning. I figure I have all day tomorrow for the task so I don't have to do any more tonight. I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve that you're safe and sober…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too!!