Saturday, December 09, 2023

Savoring Saturday

 I think I'm getting acclimated to the season, at least that's what it feels like, today was one of those days for the temperature didn't get above freezing however there was Sunshine which makes a lot of difference and tolerating cold weather. But I went out twice actually today once was to have coffee with my friend Janet who lives upstairs at the coffee shop across the street and then of course over to the market for weekend recreational shopping. Today I spent $58 probably on stuff I didn't need but sure enjoy having couple more cans of peppers, a lot of tomatoes on the vine type of things that they have there in the vegetable section, candy bars for Melissa and a potato and sour cream and I'm sure there's a few other things that I have forgotten. But it was chilly there's no question about it and I didn't wear a lap blanket and then I actually spaz my shoe off at the market eventually having my buddy who is part of the vegetable crew and asks me all the time if he can do something for me so this time I said yes if I tip back where you put my shoe on and he did. That was after I rolled around for a bit looking sort of pathetic. But like I said it's cold out there. I loved looking forward to coming home to my house after my shopping trip and knowing that I'd be able to stay inside all night long watching TV eating whatever I wanted to fix or in many cases just big spoonfuls of vegetables from my container of fresh vegetables in jalapeno pickle juice. It's really good sometimes I can't stop myself from having them the Crunch and the sour and the the first this is so good. In fact I bought way too many Tomatoes I hope I can use them all before the tomatoes go bad. I chopped up three of them and added it to the batch. I also got a box of Ritz crackers and another block of sharp cheddar cheese. Like I said recreational shopping for recreational food is what I like to do on Saturdays if I have the opportunity and today I did.


Diane sent me more images today of her new place in Mesa. I think she's going to do quite well there especially now that she's gotten away from her son where she was staying for a while. They just weren't getting along which is too bad. But now she's actually into a home, a prefab home but it's very nice and came with a lot of perks, in Arizona specifically Mesa. She even has her own orange tree that is so cool and all honesty I'm kind of jealous so nice that's a nice house I think she'll be pretty happy there at least I hope so. She even got a golf cart that she can drive around the senior housing area she lives in too. Fitz are just perfect and she can start doing some saving again. She should be okay. Maybe you should fly up a couple times a year like she did the other month or we can go out to have lunch or dinner or whatever.

No comments: