Friday, December 15, 2023

Jolly Holly Christmas




Last night I was so cold and so exhausted from my days Adventures that I pretty much just took the day off turned on the heater and hung around my workstation by my desktop computer all day. Just taking it easy and recuperating from my yesterday activities. I cannot believe I can't do the things I used to do. In the old days yesterday's events were nothing just part of the days function now however I've got to plan things out and perhaps take a little bit better care of myself like taking a blanket with me when I go out on cold days now. I hate having to be so focused on survival. Anyway, when I did come home from my adventure yesterday there was a box at the side of my door. I didn't remember ordering anything at least not nothing this soon arriving at the door. I have an order of nuts coming in in a week or so as well as a few other items but this box looked kind of interesting. I actually didn't bring it inside the apartment till I got home from my days tripping. The box was actually there the night before and I just left it there all night and left it there during the day yesterday until I got home then finally drug it in. I threw it on the table and finally this morning I opened it up not knowing for sure if I had ordered anything and of course I had not it was a book! I guess the latest offering by Stephen King one of my favorite writers. The gift was sent anonymously I have two individuals who I think may have sent something like this who normally well enough to know that I would be most pleased to have such a gift but there was no card or address to identify where the item was sent from. There is a way to send a thank you note to the anonymous benefactor and I shall have to do that soon I do appreciate the volume. It's actually the third book in the series. To be honest with you I've read the other two but don't quite remember what this individual story was so it'll be interesting to read the take from this volume. I almost finished with the volume on Sigmund Freud by Irving Stone and hopefully I could start the volume called Holly on or by Christmas. This would be a fitting way to start my Christmas holiday of Christmas Day. The book is a big fat one which totally makes my winter season. That's such a slow reader as I am this will last me a long time.


I may have written about the new person who moved in to the apartment complex. She is older but she still working at the place I used to work for which causes some weird feelings if not friction. I don't know if she is aware of how I feel but she definitely does not like the new director who I really like. She also makes despairing comments about the director and perhaps the way that centers being run now which I totally disagree. She seems to be getting more and more interested in my apartment for reasons I don't know. Today she asked if she could help decorate my apartment for Christmas. If you'd like to place a wreath on my door and who knows what else. Who am I to stop her and I would like to have some sort of Christmas decorations I don't think my granddaughter has time this Christmas season but we'll see. She turned 20 today I'm totally proud of her she's doing great. Anyway, tomorrow my goal is to go across the street and buy a box of Christmas oranges. When I woke this morning I thought sure I was coming down with a sore throat or something but when I got up my symptoms seem to evaporate which is good. Still however the True Believer in oranges and orange juice and vitamin C in general for combating winter colds…

No comments: