Monday, December 11, 2023

Emergency Meeting

 Thank goodness for volunteer boards or indeed I would be worthless. I spent a good part of the day just hanging around the apartment really not doing anything at all except occasionally staring at the computer screen / TV screen. It all starts in the morning with the news I was awake at 5:45 I didn't get up to 6:15 and the first thing I do is go into the living area and play with the remote control enough times that the computer screen whatever it is flat screen comes on it allows me to dial into the local CBS affiliate news Morning News broadcast show local as well as National. I played on the internet after I got shaved and had coffee made and kind of cleaned up the kitchen a little bit. I did this until my home health person got here spending time with me getting me on the toilet and then helping me get showered. During this time. That my brother called and the first time I was not able to contact her speak with him because I was on the toilet but the second time I was able communicate with Ross and all he wanted to be sure was that I got the Christmas card that is sent and actually it included $250 bills! I don't know what this change of person is happening to my brother at this age in life but certainly something is I was really interested the other day even visiting with him that he admitted that he was such a mean kid growing up- - and he was. I tend to try to forget all that now and I will take the hundred bucks I'm not proud. Later on I did my arm bike and got my 60 Minutes in and when I finished I was kind of just hanging around the apartment and I decided to check my email and there was a message from the executive director of the board of directors I serve on at the Independent Living Center. There is to be an emergency meeting today at 4:00. Fortunately the time was about 3:35 so I knew that I was okay time wise. My friend Kim had set up a zoom account so I was able to dial in to the meeting when they opened it up the access parameters.


Interestingly, the emergency meeting was to do with financial issues the centers going through. They're having some real problems with how they bill their government agency for funding. It seems towards the end of the last Administration they got a bookkeeper who really didn't know what he was doing and sort of really messed everything up and they're having to spend a lot of energy and time now into going back and finding out what the problems were and how to get going again. This seems very taxing to the new executive director. It was great however to see my friend Kim and friend Julie on the internet as we discussed the issues and problems. We will have other meetings soon and seems like we're going to get quite involved in the reestablishment of our financial capabilities. It's totally doable just a matter of time of sitting down and working it through. I think I'm going to like working the financial end of this. We should be doing some significant fundraising too somehow. So at the end of the meeting I felt like I had helped the something today and the day was not wasted now if I can just manage a few more of these I should have a great month….

No comments: