Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Omicron The New Grinch




8/10 of a mile that's all I've gone today which I think is kind of pathetic. I was all jacked about heading out in the beautiful weather that were having right now one Wasatch front. Beautiful from the standpoint that it's warm and dry and very survivable if you're in a power chair. Not beautiful if your thinking of Christmas, snow and water for next year that it's very bleak to say nothing of the building up of the smog. But as an opportunist I will take decent weather but I sure did not do that today. I was so jazzed from yesterday's movie experience that I thought I would try it again today however I kind of got caught in working out this morning pumping my bike for an hour and then I just sort lost interest in going out. I'm still kind of focused onto the letters written today I sort of finished Mark Anthony's and Jasmine's. Now it's just printing letters, stuffing envelopes of course a run to the bank to get the money to go inside the envelopes.


Of course there is no word from my wheelchair mechanic today on the demise are status of my power chair. I hope they sort tighten everything up and bring it back and then send for the parts and then take my chair and get it done. That of course may be way too much to hope for I just hope that the power backup chair will hold together. I mean after all it's done so well for the 4400 miles or so up until now. I'm really in a good place all things considered. I am so thankful to have a good apartment, a good bed, way too much food and it's good food, good health good attendant care lots of friends and technology. I'm also getting ready to kind of hibernate because I think this Omicron thing is going to blow up similar to the first variant. Perhaps that's is got me feeling a little weird when everything seems be going so well. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop waiting for everything to go back to lock down, and services and systems failing again. I think we learned a lot from the first go-round and very well could make a difference this time around I hope so. I don't mind the lockdown by know everybody else hates it and I do like going out I just don't like dying.


Dianne is in some place I think Arkansas staying at her sons place while Brooks and his girl go off gallivanting around the South Pacific or someplace exotic as Brooks tends to do. Dianne will be housesitting for a month I guess. I think she's going to really well I'm real proud of her for doing this trip. Not bad for 1 December. I really intend to use my movie pass a lot this month. My justification being it's Christmas and I need to really see the Christmas movies. Going to the movies gives me validation, gives me something to tell people what I'm doing or I'm going and perhaps more importantly where I've been. When-year-old and disabled that's what people really want to know… “What did you do today? Or what did you do over the weekend?” I guess they just Want to be sure you still have a pulse…

No comments: