Friday, December 24, 2021

A Marvelous Christmas Eve

 


It's Christmas Eve, granted still quite early it's not even 5 PM but like yesterday it is already becoming dark and feeling very night like. Once again I don't plan to spend a very different Christmas Eve then I have in years past specially since the divorce. By myself with electronics and cell phone and this year with a box of Christmas candy as well as a few shots of eggnog left but a logo that later.


It's not like I'm tying up loose ends, however I felt like I needed to make a run to the Glasshouse this afternoon to pick up a bottle of Bailey's but then I figured you know I can get by until Monday or Tuesday of next week before the first of the year. I have a bottle of something to mix with coffee are vodka and milk to make a black Russian White Russian or whatever it is that's a lot of work and since I don't particularly like to drink alone I doubt that it's going to happen. But this morning I was pleasantly surprised to have a drink with my home health provider Gloria. I have a bottle in my refrigerator left over from last year when my dentist gave me a bottle of hard-core eggnog for Christmas. I think I've had two drinks out of it the whole year. This morning however I mentioned this and Gloria was game and I was game we both had a shot or two of eggnog. It certainly wasn't enough to make a difference but it really was nice to have a drink with a friend. I have not done this and probably decades. She mentioned she likes Bailey's I would like some Bailey's so hopefully will have a drink on New Year's Eve the same way. Needless to say the overcast skies and the promise of rain turning to snow kept me in the house except for a short bit when I zipped across the street looking for a few more Christmas items. I took out the roast beef this morning, one that I froze last week after eating half in saving the roast beef Christmas. I've also thought about sending out for a supreme pizza but I don't know if I dare I have so much other stuff I really need to eat before sending out for something more prepared.


I went to the dollar store. It's always kind of fun at the dollar store were for five or $10 you get to feel like a rich person. There are very practical things there for the person to buy like chip dip mix seasonings just all kinds of things you don't know that you need until you go there. I got out of there with less than four dollars spent but got to wish many people Merry Christmas and they responded like they really meant it sort of like folks at the liquor store. I got back the apartment I was watching a Christmas movie Die Hard one of my favorite Christmas films and I hear muffled knock on the door. It was one of my neighbors here at the apartment complex delivery night a wrapped box were to be left at the front of the building. I pretty much knew what was I've been forewarned by the executive director of one of the boards that I sit on that we would be getting a box of candy's in the mail which would normally have gotten in different times in our Christmas meeting or December meeting. Over the years they've done some really nice gifts. This year a box of chocolates from Logan Utah – – that's this place were the small college/university that hosts this board of folks that I sit on. I should've waited till tomorrow but since is probably going to be the only wrapped gift I get but I give only tore into the wrapping open the box and found my favorite piece a nut crusted piece of toffee it was delicious I don't even care about the other pieces.


I'm kind of excited. I know we won't get much but the weather person is calling for rain turned to snow overnight so just possibly we might have a white Christmas and that would be marvelous…

No comments: