Monday, December 06, 2021

Just Enough

 



It's been overcast and dark all day, we're no longer enjoying temperatures in the 50s at least right now.. Low-pressure systems coming through longer that some land hopefully, which will blow some gunk out of the air, and later on in the week possibility of some significant snow… Whatever significant means. It's different than in the old days significance. I think there is a time I would've been excited for any kind of snow to fall but now being older and not as resilient as I used to be any kind of snow represents a challenge to me. It's Monday evening, tomorrow is a snowstorm (?) I've already called my contact at Assist , Inc.and there will be a meeting tomorrow meaning I will up early dressed and out the door by midmorning. I would be surprised if we saw anything more than a skiff of the white stuff but the temperature might be chilly. I might take a blanket look like an old fart. Maybe I'll even use the checked blanket and really look the part.


I've had phone calls into my wheelchair tech not heard back from him regarding the status of my chair in for repair – – I don't see that as a good sign. However, I still have faith in this little guy who really seems to put my interest above the companies.. In all honesty I'm still pretty gullible and I want to believe. I kind of suspicion there holding onto the device until some parts come in a least a hope that's the rationale. I can accept that. The chair I am in right now for the most part is doing really well I'm quite proud of it. I do sense that I'm losing one or two of the motors and that is not a good sign. You faithful readers know my plan that as soon as I get my new/main chair back I'm going to take this to Create and have them rebuild the chair. I like everything about this chair when it's functional. And now that I've used it for a few days I can live without the elevator function though I have to admit I really like it certainly helps you get around the kitchen as well as other places in the apartment.


I really quite enjoyed myself today I made stew/soup of fine beef stew concoction using the rest of us do I made last week adding a can of beef from the LDS bishop storehouse, and another envelope of stew that I got from the sharing shelf a few months ago. I've now use both of the beef stew packets I picked up which work really well as a base. I added some more frozen vegetables is a tribute to my mom and dad set the whole thing to cook on low but you know what? Even that was to high and I scorched the bottom of the soup. This isn't really a good thing but it's not a bad thing either certainly give some flavor to the mess. I should've used the tribit, this little device Dianne showed me somehow dissipates the heat so that the bottom of saucepans won't burn and stick. I remembered this too late for today's soup but I think I'll use it again soon. I started the Christmas cards as well. Mark Anthony cleaned off enough the table so I have a workspace. Look into a lot of cards this year just enough

No comments: