Thursday, December 30, 2021

Low Mileage

 



I was kind of hoping to turn to 4460 miles today. I only need to go 4/10 of a mile to achieve this accomplishment but I did make it instead I chose to stay in the apartment where it's warm and hang out all day. Needless to say not much got accomplished. I didn't even have to cook anything because of got so much food prepared already. I made sloppy Joe's last night just because I've had a pound of hamburger in the refrigerator for at least a week. Luckily it's vacuum sealed so it wasn't going to go bad – – at least I didn't think so. I didn't have a green pepper which is kind of sad but I did have an onion would just chop to prepare just right and a can of Mannwich . I did not necessarily like the flavor of sloppy Joe sauce out of a can but is certainly simpler than food processing when you just want to make a fast meal. I found sloppy Joe mixes in the can dreadfully sweet and dreadfully lacking flavors of key vegetables primarily green peppers but I was able to prepare five burgers one might put in plastic wrap and the other I put in the plastic container which is now in the fridge waiting for those moments when the need to be a meal what there is neither time nor will bring about such an event.


It's Thursday night, but not before New Year's eve, it's pretty quiet and I was suddenly struck with the thought that it's almost 8:00 PM I wonder if Jim, the guy who lives here but works at the food bank, route over anything for the sharing shelf. He tends to do that on Thursday evenings. It's not official opening Jim just cleans out what's left around on the tables at the food bank that needs to go. I've written about this before this causes quite a frenzy with other folks here at the apartment complex. Of course don't need any of the food we are always fascinating to see what he brings what they have available. Of almost totally weaned myself off food bank food. After all I can purchase anything that I really want to eat I dislike the surprise of food bank Thursday and occasional treats that come along with. Stuff I would never purchase a special things like cookies and cakes especially chocolate cakes. But there was nothing there tonight. I think Jim is still a little miffed about residence took way more than they needed last week.


I noticed my pathetic little Christmas ornament still hanging from my door. The miniature Christmas stocking full of green and yellow candy canes (truly the wrong color for Christmas canes). I reminded myself that I need to take him down and put them somewhere that all remember were there at next Christmas – – provided I make it that long. Then I noticed I was one of the last people in the hall still have anything remotely Christmas up well that's with the exception of Carol next door who still has all of her Christmas decorations on her door. Everybody else is got everything taken down in the hall looks once more dreary. The Christmas tree still stands in the foyer that probably won't come down till the second or third day of January and perhaps that's as it should be. As you can tell, obviously I didn't do much today and that's okay they will soon be a brand-new day and very soon a brand-new year after all tomorrow is New Year's Eve.…okay

No comments: