Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Ho, Ho, Snow

 



The warm before the storm was truly today. Forecasters are kind of promising weather event starting tonight started with rain showers turning to snow and of course tomorrow I have items outside the apartment that I have to go to. Today, the wins rushed and blew almost fanatically as if sweeping the past before the on coming front. I was even spared having to go out today because my Assist, Inc. meeting was canceled. So I pretty much stayed in the apartment guilt free, with a slight exception of – and across the street to grab some mayo and a loaf of bread so I'll be ready for whatever the weather throws my way the next couple of days.


Tomorrow I have two events that I'm attending of course during this storm are supposed to have. One is the annual Christmas/holiday lunch of the writers group. It's just the three of us me, Lori and Jerry. They are the two real writers of the group and they just put up with me which I dearly appreciate. The reason I bring this up is that poor Lori who schedules these luncheons has to work with Jerry and my bizarre schedules pull this off. We finally settled on Wednesday morning at 10 AM which is way early for lunch so we could call the branch I guess what can you do that during the week? Without brunch was a Sunday thing who knows we can do anything we want… Were writers we write the fiction that turns into reality. Tomorrow, Wednesday, is also my home health attendant morning routine. Traditionally, Gloria comes around 8:30 AM which should be doable but because tomorrow is a possible weather catastrophe event it's hard to plan. Gloria is one I don't really ask a whole lot of. She's pretty good at what she does and I just don't want to rock the boat. However, I did text her and asked if there is any way she could come any earlier I would be appreciated. She responded she was not sure but would see what she could do. I believe will be okay regardless and if I end up being a little late my fellow writers will understand they always do… They are the best. The other item on tomorrow's schedule which I think I'm pretty darned brave doing this on the same day as the writers luncheon is going to get my toenails attacked by my podiatrist, Richard. This practice is further down Redwood Road. There's no way I could of done this with the timeframe described above but I'm using the the Salt Lake County rides for wellness program which should pick me up at 1:20 PM and drag me down to my appointment which is at 2 PM. I should have more than enough time even counting weather conditions I should be okay. I think it's still pretty balls see of me doing this on the same day that I have another appointment earlier. What's amazing is able-bodied people do this all the time it's just part of their routine.


The image of used for the day is Christmas Affections. Every Christmas these two dolls show up in the foyer of our building. It's part of the common area that you little snow people. Couple days ago I was wondering around late one evening and thought why not make these two little snow people a bit more endearing so I put them together as much as I could in the smooching positioned why not somebody should enjoy the season even snow people should get a little once in a while…

No comments: