Thursday, December 02, 2021

Focus, Just Focus!

 



I have to be very careful. Sometimes I believe I don't really have a good grasp of time or the flow of time. When I'm working a deadline or even catching a bus I have to watch myself intensely to make sure I don't get carried away doing something else receiving that I have lots of time when I really don't. I've noticed this particularly in doing my word puzzles. When I've got 15 minutes before the bus comes to my stop outside my backdoor I get involved in doing a word puzzle I It down and very often missed by transportation. Same way with even important things like many out my kid letters are now seasonably Christmas cards. I've just got a keep focused on the job until it's done. The letters are folded and placed in the envelopes and whatever money I plan to insert for each individual grandchild is also inserted in the envelope sealed, stamped and dumped into the maildrop. I want to have this done by the first week of December if at all possible. I'm actually doing pretty good is the second day of December and if I'm lucky perhaps I can get them in the mail by tomorrow assuring that all grandkids will get the grandpa letter by Christmas.



So to that end, I knew I did not have enough postage for this event and I certainly didn't want to be one of those people at the post office at the last moment huddled over my pile of letters frantically applying stamps. So today was the day that I would kill two birds with one stone. Take the bus out to my credit union pull out a couple hundred dollars for Christmas gifts and then on the way back stop at Harmon's grocery store (actually supermarket) where they have a true life post office. That small and cutesy but it works. I'd much rather would like to have gone to an actual post office either with the one on 1700 South Redwood Rd. all the way downtown to the second South 's office down by were I used to work. There can certainly get into the mood of Christmas mailing and look through the pile of stamps they have. Luckily the incredible warm weather of this December continues.


It is still early enough in the year that the last minute Larry's of not all descended on the credit union and so it was easy pulling out the cash I needed. It was almost pleasant leaning back in my chair and the noonday sun waiting for the bus to take me back to Redwood Road. The Harmon's I went to for the stamps his right in the same area as the cinema I patronize. The one where I have the payment program that allows me to watch as many movies as I want as many times as I want. I really wanted to watch a movie but I knew if I did that I would waste the whole afternoon and not get what needs to be done accomplished.


It's Thursday night December 2, I have the envelopes printed as well as the letters. They just need to be folded put in envelopes with the gifts and stamped and hopefully I can get them out the door tomorrow. Of course, I still have Christmas cards that need to go out I don't know if I'm going to include every member of my family this year as I traditionally do. Maybe I will or maybe I won't maybe it really doesn't matter at all

No comments: