Monday, December 20, 2021

No Go Snow!

 



I do not want the casual reader to think I'm fixated on snow but right now snow is one of the major obstacles in my life aside from a power chair that's in the shop that doesn't seem to be getting repaired and the fact that my backup chair is quickly losing its ability to be called a backup chair. But the point is we had a major snowstorm dumped lots of snow then the apartment management has contracted with an idiot who lets his people plow the back parking lot and throw all the snow onto the sidewalk and not clean that piece of the sidewalk to the bus stop and of course that's my vital line to the outside. So as long as the snow stays I'm sure that's going to be my focus until I couldn't start integrating again with the great outside.


I know last week a day after the snow fell I spoke with our apartment manager that we really needed to make sure the contractor of snow removal for the apartment complex be sensitive to the needs of people and shares who must use sidewalks for transportation. She said she would contact him tell them but as of Friday nothing's been down in this morning I went out and checked and basically any snow removal had been done by the sun. Granted there was a halfhearted attempt to look like one snow shovel full down the center of the sidewalk to a degree until it ran into the major plow dump. That's where it stopped and what little bit of sunshine we've had has melted very little. I wish I could work myself up into righteous anger I just can't. I think it's been a major problem in all of my life rabbit associated with somebody who cares about me and feels that I don't really stand up for myself. It's not that I haven't had adequate trainers. My mom was great things were going the way that she thought they should be going she let everybody know as did my first wife and really Dianne does a great job as well. I just can't get focused anger wise at the people who need it. I first and foremost will agree with all of these folks I'm not much in the Department of sticking up for my of course I'm talking about raising a stink so bad that the technicians at the wheelchair shop move heaven and earth to get me off their case as soon as possible. I wish I could do that but I just don't. The closest I've done on the snow issue is to wander into the office early afternoon and try to be assertive (which I actually sort of was) and management to have someone come out and dig through the snow pile by 5 o'clock so I'd pick sure I have a way in tomorrow to my Tuesday morning meeting. That did not happen but Jennifer did move a lot found the phone numbers as I was leaving she was making calls.


Doesn't really matter because I'm not going into to my Assist meeting in the morning because this chair I am in desperately needs to be desperately needs attention. I was able to call and agency that I've worked with over the years and the guy is going to come out tomorrow to at least change my front tires which a been a major problem. You can't work with the back wheel mechanism which is quite threatening but I think at least with the front casters changed I can survive until I can put enough pressure on the wheelchair shop to get my chair back to me. Then I will try to get this backup chair into another wheelchair shop so that wheelchair shop can do some rehabilitation on this backup chair. I didn't mean for it to be a very busy day by the kind of was and hopefully I will have enough of my needs met that I can at least get around in my local environment until a better chair becomes available as well as the snow fall before the next one…

No comments: