Monday, December 27, 2021

Writers Guild… Again?

 


We had brunch today that bizarre meal that's evolved between breakfast and lunch. Makes me feel like a hobbit with their many meal diet. And in truth I don't have three meals breakfast, lunch, and brunch I basically don't eat breakfast and we always basically talk to lunch so I guess it all works out. Of course, this was the writers Guild, a group of three that's been held together by common interests basically writing. I have written somewhat extensively regarding this group in the past but the group is big enough function of my life I feel the need to always write about our meetings.


We supposed to met last week or the week before and the day of the great storm that dumped significant amounts of snow on the Wasatch front and even the Valley for to the point that the guild elected to stay home and stay warm on the inside. Since I live right down the street I got to the restaurant at the appointed time and then waited for a half an hour for the other two to show up. Jerry, the retired writer, usually picks up Lori and we both drive them to the restaurant. It was good to see all as Jerry pounded on the window as they walked past where I was sitting. I know I'm getting older in fact I don't give away old which means the people I associate with our as well but always blows me away to see just how old the others are looking. Again, not that I'm not I just don't see it as much. We're truly a group to ourselves and enjoyed that feeling of camaraderie we have earned just by hanging out together for so long. In truth I'm kind of surprised that I made it to the lunch today. I thought sure there is going to be a bunch of snow as well as the fact that this power chair I'm in is acting very very strange of late I don't like to take it out very far at all. (Actually Mark Anthony did some work on the bearings yesterday that's been freezing up and it's writing like a new chair today). We ordered coffee and we talked about what we were doing. It always amazes me about Lori is up to. The years have been hard on Lori and she is having difficulty more and more digging around for the first time talked about getting a power chair. I think this would be a good thing but still will be awkward. But we talked as we talked we pontificated and really enjoyed each other's company. The meals came we devoured and talk some more. I had to spend New York or San Francisco I'm sure we would've had mixed drinks, wine or something to finish off the meal but as it was we just talks more. Interestingly, two people sitting in different booths somewhat adjoined hours or they could overhear what we were discussing actually stopped and came over and shared with us how interesting they thought our discussion was. We were, at first, taken aback but at the same time welcomed their interest. This is never really happened before kind of made us feel special if not cool. They even said they would like to join us at our next luncheon but of course that's not going to happen or not to let them know there's no way we didn't trade phone numbers just names and first names at that. We feed off each other to the point that we started discussing the idea of raising some money to put on another play or pay a director to direct another one of our plays. This all sounds very exciting but in realistic terms I don't know what we would do if we did get such funding sort of like the dog catching the car's been chasing all its life…

No comments: