Friday, December 17, 2021

The Quiet Before Christmas

 


It's it really is easy to get lulled into the feeling that the world outside is just too big for you to handle at certain times. I'd like to think that was happening to me today after the big snowstorm this week. You recall that I've been out a couple times on that senior transit system for medical appointments which is allowed me the eyeball what is being done are not being done around the community as far as snow removal on sidewalks and curbs cuts. It's appalling to see not so much how much snow had fallen but how much snow had been plowethed into these public access points. Sidewalks are useless, even if they are shoveled, if you can cross the street. It's kind heist to be able to get to points on your block for instance the local Speedway which is adjacent to our property here house cleaned their sidewalks very well and we've done sort of okay at the apartment complex. If I was marooned on this block I could still get to some basic services are items that need this far is food things go by going to the Speedway. Not much choice but survivability for sure. However trying to go anywhere on Utah transit Authority, unless somehow I was able to get the bus driver's attention and have him stop somewhere close to somewhere I could get out to the street the load from the street. Right now that's just not really happening.


We are now about three or four days away from the storm that dumped this snow. The snow that has been dozed up curb cuts and bus stops is now crusted into ice is going to be a while before anything happens there. But like I said the streets of all been graded and cleaned as well as the sun's been out even melting what's left. So even though I cannot access a street crossing from the curb if I keep my eyes on the traffic lights and launch across the street when the traffic light turns for the regular traffic I can get out about at least crossing the street where my barber is. I had the time and the desire so I decide to test out what I could do and made across the street got my hair cut and came back with little trauma. I did a fast survey just looking up the street to the market that I use Macy's as well as the restaurant that I usually go to Deese and I think I'll be able to get to those places if I need to. The first test going to be tomorrow morning. I got a message from Mark Anthony a few minutes ago indicating he was planning a trip to California I'm not sure why whether for work or the holiday. And he wanted know if you could change our usual Sunday morning breakfast at the restaurant on the corner to tomorrow morning instead of Sunday. No problem and will be a great way to find out if I can make the trip over should be no problem.


So it was nice to get out not be a total hermit inside my apartment those becoming easier and easier to consider such an existence. For now these are quieting down and I have Netflix, Disney and Amazon to keep me company over this joyous season…

No comments: