Thursday, December 09, 2021

It Could Have Been Worse


 


I wasn't going to go out today after all snow is forecast ffor basically all day. I really had fantasized pulling the shades down turning up the heater by my computer and just writing and maybe watching a couple of movies to push the daylong. It is Thursday which means it's coffee which means I have to get somewhat decent and the parents and make the scene at the coffee klatch. It was then I recognized it was barely snowing intermittently dropping wet flakes mixed with rain. This Thursday not only is a coffee klatch day but it's also one of the days that my buddy Robert is in at the Buffmire building, in the back area where Create is housed. I have posted a number of items regarding the create program. So following coffee I figured what the hell why not go on into Buffmire and just get the seatbelt on my power chair repaired? It's not like I would really be out in the elements that much running from this building to the bus stop at the bus stop Buffmire back that wouldn't be a big exposure thing.


I called the folks a CREATE and Robert was in, Robert is my main technician at CREATE and he indicated by came in after 1 PM I should be okay and he be able to work on my chair which I did. This post is not about my CREATE experiences much as much as it was about my bus trip in to the facility. As I indicated earlier the snow was beginning to fall, it was not necessarily miserable but it could've been that way real quick. As I was going out to the bus the first time I was about five minutes early I looked up the bus passed GR RRR. They gave me 15 more minutes to wait so went back to the apartment and messed around them wandered back to the bus stop. I was wearing my red jacket with the hood which is kind of heavy plus I found a scarf which is wrapped now around my head I noticed I noticed there's just a few other folks on the bus besides the driver. In fact when the driver opened the door he was in the process of scooting the two people in the front seats (these seats are usually left for people who are seniors and people with disabilities) there seemed to be some kind of a confrontation – developing between one of the riders who obviously did not want to be moved. I could tell the driver was in no mood for any shenanigans this morning. The passenger had the appearance of a homeless person with all of his belongings and sleeping bag wrapped around him. There's some kind of us altercation going on about the passenger feeling he was being discriminated against because he was having to move in fact he called the driver racist. The driver responded with basically kicking the guy off the bus accomplishing this by after locking me down going back to the front of the bus picking up the phone and request in the transit cops to come out and pick up the dissident. The driver announced the bus. Moving until the tragic cops got there. The passenger (S) did not want to have anything to do with transit cops or I'm sure any cops at all and they Huffed and they puffed but they off the bus.The driver but the bus sender and took off I'm not sure really, who was the fault for the incident. Later on the next stopper to the driver confronted somebody else or vice versa which made me wonder really who was to fault. A kind of doubted by Reed of the situation. Still however I'm glad I sided with the driver things could've gotten weird very quickly. Who knows who's carrying a piece these days and a public bus would be just the place to go a little crazy. Luckily for me that was not to be today. I got into CREATE, got my belt repaired the whole process only cost me five bucks and a rush on public transit…okay

No comments: