Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas 2021

 


As you all probably picked up I'm somewhat infatuated with the unexplainable, mystical, magical. I want to believe there is an explanation for everything, something cold hard in real but sometimes there just is not. I don't know what guides are causes the unexplainable perhaps it is the finger of a higher being or whatever body part brings about such wonder to humans such as us when the unexplainable happens maybe just dumb luck that somehow I cannot accept that explanation.


Mark Anthony was sick today from his travels I think I'm Southern California then returning to the cold weather and whatever infirmity he had kicked in. So we were not able to have our Christmas morning breakfast which I was kind of looking forward to. I wasn't sure how serious he was but he seemed pretty disheartened when I started getting the texts that is not to make it as early as usual and then not at all after I gave a great excuse not to try to get out. He seemed insistent however to make sure I had a gift to open today so he sent Jasmine or Jasmine sent herself at least herself and Jaxon . I cut it didn't believe jazzmen come all the way into the city just to see me so I was a little surprised at around 2 o'clock when I got a text from Jasmine saying their inbound. I'd start a load of wash – – yes my Christmas wash – – so I was hanging around the front of the building to keep an eye on the parking lot to see if Jasmine got there okay. I was running back and forth from the apartment to the front of the building. As I was waiting there I noticed one of the other residents coming up the walk with her little dog and she was all worried and told me about this person out in the parking lot stuck in the snow. I glanced over her shoulder and he could see a young man trying to put what look like cardboard sheets underneath the wheels of his truck that seem to be stuck in the snow. Marta, the resident that was talking to me was telling me that the person trying to dig out the truck needed a real shovel. There is a plastic snow removal shovel sitting in the front of the door of our building. Marta wants to know if he could use the shovel. I told her I suppose that I didn't care. As I watch the little guy looked very familiar to me but I couldn't quite place him. It was about that time I was startled when Jasmine/my granddaughter, came down the hall and said “hi”. I was more than little surprised then I realized the young man desperately trying to dig his truck out of the snow was Jaxon. My possible grandson law had somehow try to blast through a snow pile and got his truck high centered on that snow pile and could not getting traction. Unbelievable. Like a good parent type I wandered out to see what I could do anything which of course I couldn't except for offer the plastic cheap plastic shovel.


Jasmine and Jaxon had brought me a plate of food, you know the kind that comes all wrapped in tin foil. Real food from a real Christmas dinner funeral potatoes, two slabs of ham real ham not pressed, and some kind of mystery bread treat kind of tasted like bread pudding but different. Chopped strawberries and syrup that just now I realized was supposed to be poured over the bread product. Jaxon kind of want to be left alone and work on the truck so Jasmine retired to the apartment to put the plate away. I was just about to go and find a couple of the other guys at the complex we decide to go out and see if the board made any progress when we got there were blown away to see of another truck next to his getting ready to pull the truck out . He pulled and the truck came right off is no perch. It was the uncle of the driver, jaxe's uncle. It was one of those weird events that Jaxon happened to look up and see his uncle passed by in his truck and immediately Jackson called his uncle who came back and save the day. There is no reason the uncle should but in that neighborhood but had taken a shortcut and put them in the right place at the right time just as jaxen looked up. It took me just a second to realize this was the Christmas miracle I've been waiting for all season long. A bona fide event that defied explanation that ended up doing good. I was humbled to be part of the witness for this event and truly made my day Christmas!

No comments: