Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Good Enough For Me

 


I dumped the majority of the Christmas cards I addressed and filled out this weekend into the maildrop early this morning before anyone else was up. I found 45 of the cards that were renegades that sort of escaped the major mail out. I stamped those and licked them shut and sent them on their way this afternoon before I went across the street to pick up a few provisions before the supposed storm rolls in tomorrow. It seems the storm as well somewhat persist through the end of the week and I would just as soon stay in quasi-hibernate until storms pass. They're forecasting snow and ice – – but I'll be surprised if anything shows up. All I'm sure we'll see a few flurries we maybe get some on the ground little bit but something tells me were not damage it much. It really is the time of global warming and as a species were given or have been given fair warning and we know what we have to do but we just don't or won't do it. Just too selfish. So, we continue to fiddle and dance as our beautiful planet goes down the tubes. The scientists say we can turn this around, still but it looks like no one wants to do it we do not deserve the space jewel that Earth is.


Last week my home health person, Gloria, was desperate for gas money and I gave her 20 bucks for gas and whatever. Fortunate for me I'm in a place where I can do that. I really believe that she is so close to the bone work wise she could not really ever pay me back in cash which is okay because then I get 20 bucks worth of cleaning done on the apartment so it's a win-win. Gloria feels she's living up to her not being credo of not being dependent to anyone… If she can help it. Of course, I've got a watch this to make sure it is not become too habitual but I don't mind helping the girl out she's really trying to survive. I suppose that most 20 bucks gets me maybe one hour of cleaning service and that's okay. Today I had her clean the top of the stove which was a mess from the cooking I did this weekend. She also got most of the dishes rustled up and at least soaking. I wish the table looks good but busily so much that even Gloria can do when I'm in my Christmas card mode. I have Christmas card paraphernalia, stamps and whatever else one needs for mail out scattered all over the table.. The table actually looked relatively clean until Saturday when I began writing out cards in earnest.


I folded yesterday's wash this afternoon, I went to the market, I mailed out a stack of Christmas cards so I don't feel half bad oh, also I did a zoom meeting in the middle of the day. Kind of sad. We used to be we could count on fairly nice Christmas gifts – – usually a box of gift nuts from House Of Nuts, a selection of high-end classy nuts. We did find out at the end of the meeting that they have sent out a box of chocolates for our services and that's good enough for me…

No comments: