Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas Ready!

 


Sometimes the matter how great the hat you have there's not a rabbit in the bottom to pull out. A stud is going to get lucky today get my power chair down to the building and how the latch put back into the side of the receiver for my arm and I would be okay for the rest of the holiday. That wasn't going to happen it seems, luckily I was still at the apartment when I got the phone call from my technician told me that he was being called out of the county on emergency deployment of technology. Of course all estate has Friday as well as Saturday off for the holiday and like I've said so many times I cannot begrudge them I too was once a state employee. So the best looks like and to be able to do now is muddle through the next four or five days with this gimp arm and hopefully on Monday the snow will be off the roads and sidewalks enough that I'll be able to get down to the Buffmire building and get this problem taken care of. I'm okay with just awkward and it's really a minor issue on this chair that I'm trying to keep functional until my other chair gets back from the wheelchair shop which sounds like it could be sometime next week alas, I'm not holding my breath.


Snows forecast to begin sometime tomorrow morning. I doubt before going to get much but still I'm not sure as far as second-guessing the weatherman. So, even with my chair in the state that it's in my but feeling a little tender I made the run over to the market. There's a warm before the storm with the wind blowing temperatures well above freezing so the snow was melting thank goodness but not enough. While rolling to the market I tried to go through a pile of snow that I was kind of forced to ensure enough got the wheels stuck in the snow. It doesn't help that my wheels are totally bald so there's no traction there at all. I tried rocking my chair back and forth, I knew it wasn't good to be able to get free, it was kind like waving a flag so somebody with see my plight and realized that I needed desperate help. Sure enough a couple of vehicle stopping people jumped out and pushed me back onto the street. I assume with the oncoming snow it's just going to make travel that much more difficult. I got an extra bag of chips to hold me over.


It's not a five p.m. Yet and it's merely dark outside. I know are just a few days passed solstice but I want to see the longer days already in so far that still getting dark way early but right now patients is the name of the game and I just want to get through the holidays. I've got way too much food as usual of got a frozen roast, a newly opened package of hotdogs with bonds, Trinkle chips plus barbecue and corn chips – – Fritos of course and I purchased paper bowls for chili. I have Chef Boyardee, Nalley tamales and refried beans a couple of frozen tamales (with new tamales coming supposedly for my barber). I evenpurchased a bag of broccoli florettes washed and prepped and you know how much corn beef I have. I'm set. I also have a bunch of booze in my cabinet are probably won't touch but just in case. We get some kind of set Internet and Disney plus it's going to be a Merry Christmas indeed…

No comments: