Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Snow Gone

 





I feel kind of bad because I was not able to make my usual Tuesday morning Assist, Inc. meeting in downtown Salt Lake. I called the agency will that usually repairs my chair when I can't get my written wheelchair shop to do it. I was going to drop in their after my meeting but talking to the manager indicated that he was only in the office today and then he was going to be on vacation for the next two weeks! He also said he'd be able to come out to my apartment, rather than me going into the office, which was what sealed the deal for me. He would be by a 12 PM and would that work for me? I told him it would be perfect even though I knew I would be at my meeting so I canceled my meeting which was not a big deal… I'm not that important.


Another grand day of hanging around the apartment kind of trapped in my apartment through a chair that's a little questionable and snow piled high on my passive access. I continue to my regular routine however and working out on my arm bike for an hour. I noticed as I worked out on my bike that there was a lot of activity out of the sidewalk going to the gate. And sure enough the guys were chipping away at the ice flow the snow had turned into. I was going to have access to the bus stop kind of. It took them a good two or three hours delivery that sidewalk and what they were gone, later on the afternoon after my radio show on out to the sidewalk and took images mostly for my own benefit but also the show management their people had, gotten the job done. I noticed however now there is a nice flow from the property line of my apartment complex to the bus stop which is literally 10 feet away from the gate. There is no way a bus could even get close enough to deploy its left GR RRR. Then to make matters worse I was going to go outside the gate and take images of the ice flow to send to the transit authority whose job was to maintain these bus stops. When I hit the button to open electric gate I was met with a shrill piercing shriek, much like the sound of the monolith in 2001 when the astronauts touch the monolith on the moon and the big monolith disappeared to one of the moons outside of Jupiter. The gate is nonfunctional. Now first thing tomorrow morning I'm back at the manager's office complaining about the gate is not fair that I have to be such a pain in the ass everybody I know. Hopefully Ted, the chief of maintenance here, can go out magically fix the problem. It's not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon it's just knowing that I could go out and catch a bus inbound if I needed to, and I don't but in case I did… Just saying

No comments: