Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Surviving The Holidays

 




There is a little device on the back of my chair at the latch which allows my side arm to rise and lower. I'm able to lift the arm completely up which allows me to roll into my bed at night. Anyway the latch which secures that arm to the chair kind of disintegrated on me this morning which put me in a quandary of having to get it somehow functional before bedtime tonight.


Of course, trying to find anybody as a business are state facility at this point in time of the holiday is practically impossible. Remember yesterday I talked about my friend at the place for they have all the used equipment was leaving right after he came over and worked on another part of this chair was leaving for his 10 day vacation after he met with me. So I know there is nobody at that number. This place is great because it's got all kinds of older chairs and many of the older chairs have exactly the parts that I need to fit this chair I'm in now. However, the silver lining to this dark cloud is that UCAT and more specifically Create is located in the same building as our number of other rehabilitation facilities. One of them is managed by a good friend of mine who worked with over the years very closely. In fact he was on my Board of Directors for a number of years. Anyway, Kent was actually in his office and working. I sent him a image or two of my problem which are the images I used for this posting. It was like the day before I could get him the images so he was not able to go to the back and see if there is any parts available. Luckily tomorrow, another individual of working very closely aligned with that program will be in the office and hopefully he might be able to find the part that I need. This gives me great hope. And the best part of this problem as long as I can get the arm disengaged from the chair I'm okay. I can limp around without the arm fixed to the chair and get by very nicely. It would be nice to have the arm secured but I can get by. I was able to get Ted, the maintenance manager here at the apartment complex, to pull the pin on the securing device and free of that arm so I'm okay for tonight. There was also good news from my discussion with Alan who's got my other chair in this post be working on it that all the parts are in and maybe sometime next week, after the holiday, but before New Year's they can get my chair working again. This seems almost too good to be true but we'll see what happens.


So the plan is now that as soon as I can get in the other chair, the new chair, I'm going to have the boys, pick up this power chime in now the backup chair and have them bring it into the shop with are going to go over it and replace all the parts that seem to be wearing out. Part of it's my fault because I pop the the casters and then water gets in to these ball bearings and begin to rust and then that's when the whole part becomes useless when those bearings begin the season up and I'm not able to turn the wheels like the need to be. It really is a double edge sword and kind of drives me crazy. Well, I'm one who totally believes in Christmas miracles, I've had enough in my life to know that the phenomenon of Christmas miracles is real and possibly and I've just sat through is this year's Christmas miracle it's not up there with an angel getting its wings but as long as I have ample transportation and independence at the miracle to me…and you too will and is part of job will on his and job is to

No comments: