Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Christmas Luncheon and a Trip To The Podiatrist

 



There are couple of moments last night for the wind actually howled across my windows as the storm front came through the area. I was kind of surprised because even though I knew the storm was coming I didn't think it was going to be like this… At all. I did that old guy thing where you have to look out the window make sure that weather's going on and sure enough the wood was blowing snow sideways. The snow was already beginning to pile up on the street of the driveway outside my window as well as pileup on my window. During the evening in the space of three hours I actually lost power three times that got to be a bit vexing. I thought I've been so industrious I would go around of recent set the clocks to the right time (they were all blinking on and off) and just as I would set the clock down the power would go off for maybe 20 seconds and I start the whole process again until after the third outage I decided I would let I would let the timepieces wait until the power decided whether would stay on her stay off. I reset the clocks again before I went to bed and so far there stayed on.


I had two appointments this day one was to meet with the writing company are little three-person operation. There is no way I was going anywhere today without assistance even able to just down the block to the village in. The snow was wet and heavy in the snow plows had already piled the snow high on the sides of the road which included the curb cuts across the streets… That was even if I could get to the curb cuts one of the sidewalks have been cleaned there is no way I could go anywhere. I texted my buddies Jerry and Lori to let them know that I doubt I would be able to make it and they should really read consider and I heard back not long after they agreed so our Christmas/holiday luncheon is been postponed who knows for how long.


I was really bummed one for missing meeting with my friends for lunch but maybe even more importantly losing my excuse for not attending the apartment complex Christmas luncheon. One of those contrived events supposedly showing how much management appreciates the residents. I really am a bit of a Christmas Grinch but that's not new information. All the players were there a pianist who actually was something new bill to our Christmas carols at a volume deafening the already near-deaf . Then the two or three different photographers snapping supposedly candid images of residence however one such photographer brought a bag of silly outfits of facemasks which I'm sure she thought was cute and surprisingly so do a lot of the residents not me. I didn't want to be at this thing anyway.. There were cold cuts for fixing sandwiches out of bakery roles as well as similar sandwiches made from chicken salad. Everyone got just one that was implicit. Small sacks of chips couple kinds of solids and later on either pumpkin/apple pie. There is also silly games that were being played – – those kind of pun. Fortunate for me I had a doctors appointment to have my toenails clipped and the Rides For Wellness van would soon be there to collect me. I was rescued.


The sun came out and shined the mightilyas for the rest of the day which was nice but the day was cold not once getting above freezing. I wrapped one of my jackets around my legs and got the toast trimmed them to visit with my friend Richard. Like I said it was a good day cold and messy to start coming out just cold. Now I just have to go through a similar experience tomorrow or I'll be doing my Santa · impressions space at the independent living center once more. Luckily, I've made arrangements with the center will be picking me up in the years passed of usually got my own transportation usually be in Utah transit Authority but not this year the coming out to pick me up which makes my experience a little less… Bah humbug!

No comments: