Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Parts

 



It is freezing cold outside and that is why I was somewhat relieved this morning when Andreas indicated there would be no meeting which means there would not be a reason for me to go downtown. I would've done it in my great white coat but still would've been monstrously uncomfortable as well as injurious possibly to my power chair – – the only power chair I have access to currently. Fortunately, there was not enough snow that blew in yesterday during the snow squall to keep me trapped in the apartment complex but I must admit the cold is enough.


Even with the gift of a few hours without not going to the meeting renders I really haven't done much with my day. I should be equipped. But on the positive side I did renew a prescription, rivaled the cage of my one wheelchair tech who is supposedly working on my power chair that's in the shop. I also tried to get a hold of the guys down at the other wheelchair shop to drive to get parts for this chair I'm sitting in right now. This is the chair with the broken side or the lover which anchors the side. I have an image of this at the top of this post. You can see where the side of the lever, where pins into the side of the chair,, has disintegrated. I will spare you by angst regarding the industry's use of plastic in these key components. It seems to me that metal would be a much better choice. In my mind plastic is always doomed to failure at one point or another. Lucky for me however the one agency idea with those have access to a lot of spare parts and it sounds like they found the parts that I need the only issue is the key people are on Christmas break and probably won't be back to their offices till after the new year. This is another reason why I'm not really pushing myself to be outside and doing things which might be fun and interesting. I'm using this excuse of treating my chair as lightly as possible in order to assure that I have something until my new main chair is returned.


Actually, this last week of 2021 are don't have anywhere to go. I suppose I could go over to the market to pick up a few things but I'm fairly well-stocked. I would really like some of those French fried onions to make a green bean casserole. But I could do that with Chinese noodles I suppose. Not as scrumptious as the French fried onions but it would be good for the roast I have left which I need to eat shortly. As far cycles I have a pound of hamburger which I also need to fry up and mix with a can of man which or whatever's for sloppy Joe's. I ordered 2 pounds of filberts for my not collection and so I can't say I've been somewhat productive and a little bit busy. I probably need to wash a couple of dishes and begin the swab out the refrigerator that might be a task for next year I really don't want to rush things…

No comments: