Monday, December 13, 2021

Free Pizza!



I'm not sure what's going on past couple of days. It's like I'm caught in some sort of technology blip of some sort – – you know when everything technology seems to be kind of malfunctioning? I want to say it started the other night with the five are blackout and maybe just maybe everything else is quasi-related to that incident with some of the items are somewhat independent.


For example, Dianne has been encouraged me for some time to take advantage of rights for wellness program offered by Salt Lake County for seniors and people disabilities to be transported to and from medical and gubernatorial functions at no cost will, there is a suggested 4 dollar cost – – which is no problem at all and really a deal when you think about being transported from the door to your destination back again. Granted it takes some coordination and paitence but seriously a desired service. I've used it once, so far, and it's worked just fine. This week I have a toenail appointment. Yes you read me correctly on one of those folks go in about every six weeks to have her toenails clipped and filed. I still can't believe I do this but I senior toes are out-of-control. The appointment I made the in early November got changed on me by one hour which of course messes up the whole schedule for Rides for Wellness. So I call that organization and make the change then I get a confirmation from my podiatrist which confuses me because then I'm not sure if I've made the change from a ride system so I have to go through the whole process again. This time I've changed and written/developed a file on my Ink pad Notepad software which I will just track my calls and times and scheduling for Rides for Wellness . Hopefully, this will take care of the problem and give me more control over appointments in the future.


Last night my neighbor across the hall Billie and I decided to do pizza. I really did need pizza since I cook that beautiful roast earlier in the weekend but Billie really likes pizza and it just makes sense for two of us to go together and get a pizza. We really haven't done a lot with pizza delivery. Billie's one of those seniors that's hung on to their right to drive at all cost and she drives as much she can and so traditionally drives out the pickup the order herself. However last night it was dark and nasty out so we decided we had order in. Billie placed the order and it never showed up. It was my job to go down to the front and accept the pizza when it came to the front door (even though I've used the service before and they will come to the door. Anyway I waited for almost 20 minutes till Billie came down to see what was happening. That initiated a call to Domino's of course you got stuck immediately in the phone cycle where we stayed for the next 40 minutes. Long story short we never got our pizza and gave up at some point because I never picked up the phone even though we heard over and over again “… Your phone calls very important to us and will be with you directly…” Over and over again. So there was no pizza last night and at 10 PM I was slicing off pieces of roast for a fast late night tide me over.


This morning/afternoon Billie went out and duked it out with dominoes. Sounds like we are getting free pizza tonight for her efforts which I appreciate. So I still don't know what this techno-hiccup is all about hopefully it will diminish in the coming days but I guess if you look on the bright side, and Billie always looks on the right side we ended up getting free pizza for our efforts and that can't be all bad…

No comments: