Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year!!

 



It's New Year's Eve, early evening not even 7 PM yet but I want to get this last entry into the blog and off my mind so I can enjoy whatever I end up doing this New Year's which isn't going to be much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining actually up kind looking forward to the evening with access to the Internet, Amazon prime/Netflix and whatever and just enough booze to get me into trouble. I gave away my vodka the day to my home health person, Gloria. She's such a interesting little soul and got a support her ago lover and her little bitty life that somehow she continually survives one day to the next. She gotten screwed over again by her neighbors are whatever you had just 20 bucks to last her for the month. I know she'll pull whatever out of the fire and survive one moment or another. What really broke my heart was the low lives, who are her neighbors, swiped her cigarettes and that's down and dirty. I still had the $10 bill I had gathered from her last week which I had traded her wash quarters for the $10. in a moment of magnanimity I gave her the $10 until she only use it for cigarettes! I also gave her my bottle of Absolut vodka which I've had for at least four years. It's unopened and ready to be loved. I just hope Gloria doesn't love it too much. The girl has to make some decisions however, she's absolutely right this job just does not cut it up for her. I don't know what she's going to do but should figure out something.


I was shocked today when I did my wash and rolled past the mailroom that people are picking up the mail. I could not believe that the mail was delivered today, New Year's being celebrated as the holiday before the regular holiday – – I don't know if that makes sense or not but you know what I mean – – and sure enough when I checked there is new mail in one of the pieces was my alumni magazine. That very expensive glossy fundraising device which they would deny that that's what it was for but we know. I'm sure that some business major worked out the cost ratio of the slick glossy pictures and print highlighting the big donors since the last issue. I usually just checked the magazine after glancing through it but today, maybe I was a bit melancholy due the end of the year whatever I decided out drag it back to the apartment and look through it closer. I'm always intrigued at the professionals they highlight every issue. I've even known a couple of them which kind of shocks me. I guess it sort of makes sense just because my graduating class this past retirement age now and those who made it big are now out and about spending all their acquired wealth (of course B S U certainly wants to get their share). A kind of like the stories of the physicians, CEOs, engineers and of course educators since Boise State is a big education school. I rarely pay attention to the sports portion – – which is a big part of the rag special from the fundraising point of view – – and probably most interested to me is the obituaries just seen who is still around and who is not. I have to admit I am really glad to graduated from this institution as sappy as that sounds but it's true. Whether I deserved it or not I'm glad I got my degree and that I'm an alum for however pitiful that might be…


No comments: