Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Morning Ritual

 



The days are uncomfortably cold but that's okay it's winter's mystery least it will be winter in nine more days, technically speaking. So that mind I don't really have a problem with wearing heavier coats and even beginning to wrap my legs and blankets or a blanket or some kind of device to protect me from the cold. I don't need it just a little bit more comfortable on those days I choose to go out.


I went out in the cold today, in the early morning well 7:45 AM is really enough for me. It's Sunday morning so I met the kids over at the restaurant for breakfast as per our Sunday morning ritual.. I know this sounds shallow but when I did have kids living at home and we did have a Sunday morning ritual of going out to the tabernacle every week prior do their Sunday morning broadcast on radio station K SL and then to a restaurant or diner for breakfast I confess I didn't appreciate the children/kids much as I do now. Granted there are adolescents and not necessarily grandkids but still I can't believe I took the kids for granted like I did I really should be shot. So now I enjoy the moment I have with my grandkids one where the other. Yesterday I got a great letter from my grandson Asher. This is the little guy getting older every second. Is vastly becoming a military aviation historian orally summoned to totally interested in military aircraft from the 71 blackbird the B-52 bomber series I'm just totally amazed.


I'm kind of intrigued but how many other families seem to have a morning ritual at D's restaurant. I see the same families every Sunday morning we are there. In fact there is an older couple probably my age is not a little older and his wife has a power chair may show up essentially every week there's another person uses a power chair but shows up a bit more sporadic but fairly regular. Then there other families that are just there but show up regularly. We always said is in the back of the dining area where their booths and one large family seems to have a standing appointment and they bring about 15 to 20 folks every Sunday. The restaurant must love them. It's a patriarch's and his wife and all their kids. Children with their spouses and kids. If these folks did look so conservative I would say was a hallmark moment every Sunday when it's more like a pregame ritual for a Trump rally. It's sort of a bit more of a domestic group then the folks show up at my coffee shop on Saturday mornings.


Jaxon, a unique way of spelling the name took me a while to catch on. He is my granddaughters boyfriend and is certainly become an extended family member. I don't know just where these two are headed but they certainly are a couple/pair. Last night was the Christmas/winter prom. That high school ritual literature produces so many Midsummer births. It was kind of fun to listen to their evening from the dance to the dinner or vice versa. Brought back a lot of my memories of proms. I'm still quite amazed at how many I attended for a person with wheelchair as I was in those days I guess I did kind of get around. I was kind of spoiled my sister Faye is so right.


Is now less than two weeks before Christmas. It's probably best just a buckle in get ready for the ride…

No comments: