Saturday, December 04, 2021

Gar-broc From A Can

 


(I'm sorry but today's post got away from me as far as the balloons went maybe I'll post the image tomorrow)

It was a beautiful sight. I don't know if you could make these out. I will try to work with the image software I have see if I can bring these balloons in the view. Another beautiful day, on top of that Saturday the day to get things done. I've spent a good deal of time in the kitchen this morning doing an experiment that had been meaning to do for some time. Again the committed reader will remember that I make a dish called gar-broc (for the ease of dictation_to use GB for the definition of Garbroc since my software has such a difficult time with my dictation). I've collected a number of cans of potatoes that's right cans diced and sliced potatoes often show up on the sharing shelf. I've never really use them except for they look enticing and I'm curious to see if they would work in this particular dish as well as to see if they would work to be fried potatoes.


The process is basically the same as when I use the frozen potatoes particularly the tater tots. One thing I would suggest if a person is going to use these canned potatoes is that the only drain the potatoes as well as possible but empty the can on to some paper towels and squeeze to absorb as much water from the vegetables possible. This will make the cooking process a lot easier and probably quicker. I noticed, because I did not drain the potatoes, that it took quite a while for the extra liquid to boil off. However, the potatoes are raw and they need to be cooked which is a good point. Anyway, I had probably have to canned corned beef left over from last week's GB and I want to make sure I didn't lose any of the ingredients. Sadly I have to confess the broccoli had gone around the corner by the time I went to use them and they just did not look good at all lot gray blackish area and the order was just not that appealing. I suppose the fire really committed I could've chop the ends off the grounds that look blighted could've used the broccoli but alas I knew I had a bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer. This I also wanted to check out because I never have used frozen broccoli.


The process is basically the same except for cooking times were a bit quicker since the tater tots did not need to be thawed out space and then cooked but the Tatars didn't have to cook and remember I had water in there to not much but enough to draw out the process. Spices and seasonings were pretty much the same. I didn't put the broccoli until the end but the onions and garlic I put most in first to sauté in sweat then added the Tatars and after bit half of the remaining meat and let cook. I covered the concoction eventually. In the end after adding cottage cheese and sour cream and let cook for substantial bit I found the frozen broccoli doable but not ideal there are much larger pieces that I would rather than be with very little ways to fix that. But it turned out okay. I think I would also stick with the tater tots just because they have their own spices and seasoning mix a bit more savory breakfast. But I still not opposed of using the diced potatoes and now I'm excited about trying to fry up some onions and sliced potatoes from the can.okay

No comments: