Monday, August 01, 2022

Positive Suffering

 


I really haven't done much more than the usual today. No trips outbound and I spent the day getting used to my returned power chair from the shop. Remember, I got the machine back couple days ago I think Friday and only now this morning did I have Melissa, my home health person, put me in the chair when I got down with the shower. I also elected to put a different cushion in the chair than one I've been using. The sky scares me just because once I'm in the chair I'm pretty much there until the next day and if it's something like the cushion that I need to wait until I can get somebody to strap me up and sling me up in my lift the change out the cushions. It really is cumbersome and I guess if I really really wanted to change out the cushion or the cushion was damaging me by not given me enough protection I guess I could actually transfer onto the bed after I thrown the one cushion on the bed that I want to change into the chair grab that cushion the chair pulled out and put the other in. That would be a monumental amount of work that I'm just lazy enough anymore to pass it by until I get the next home health people in or somebody else drops by that might help me make the transfer. But I can say this evening that this other cushion seems be working fairly decent with minimal amount of press releases. I'm always surprised at how comfortable this chair is. I have to keep constant vigil on my butt as well as the back of the chairs just painful at different points during the day. My scoliosis is just significant enough to expose pressure points in my back to the back of a chair all the stuff so I believe is happening. After a while I kind of get used to it and am able to get by but I kind of have to admit the device I'm using as my backup chair is a lot more comfortable throughout the day. Again the aspects of the eye level function of this chair, that feature which lifts me up a significant amount is certainly won me over to this chair regardless of the other faults.


This morning after Melissa was done with me. I was dressed just grab something to eat for breakfast and rolled up to the front desk to see what was happening. Actually the meantime, I had the wisdom, I know which is rare, to disengage the arm on my left side, the arm that was broken and I had the chief of housekeeping jerryrigged it for me until it finally broke completely off. I want to make sure I could pull arm free of the body of the chair so that 11 o'clock tonight when get into bed I don't have any ugly surprises or SideArm that won't work. I popped out okay but popped out like a kind of was sprung following that I could not get the arm back in to its mount so I could put the lock on seize that are in place. I know that Ted housekeeping guy who knows everything mechanical it seems sometimes spends an ordinance amount of time in the make shift staff meeting of Monday morning. Luckily he was there and sure enough he was able to fix the whole thing. At least I can get undone whenever I want but it's also secure and its amazing how many times during the day I rely on that arm to pull myself up and position. But like I said I spent the rest of the day getting used to this chair is much as I can and appreciating the different features that make this chair worth suffering for…

No comments: