Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Brat Cat

 



Technically the summer is not over not until something like September 21 or something like that, you know the fall equinox but it's the day after Labor Day. In the real world people have gone back to work, kids to school and pensioners back to whatever they do to fill the time they have left for me today would've been the trip in the city for my Assist meeting. Well that did not happen, same as last week, the bosses on vacation still somewhere in Europe or something. It's amazing what these young people do. Anyway, no reason to go into the city and really no reason the venture anywhere particularly after noon when the temperature is supposed to once again get up into the 3 digits. Not that I'm frightened of the heat I just don't want to tempt anything so I'm being cautious, probably overly cautious but it's a good enough excuse to stay in around the apartment.


As soon as I got dressed, no shoes, I had to make a trip to the dumpster tossing them box that I got over the weekend from Amazon. It may be little before or after 9 AM so the day was still cool and inviting. After depositing my box in the dumpster occurs across the patio space to see if there's anybody in the smoking area there wasn't but as I cruised past the seating area something stirred the corner of my eye would stop my progress and their sleeping in the padded chair was one of the “communal” pets of the facility. Like most beasts of its caliber its antisocial and barely touchable. However, a number of the seniors here have taken it upon themselves to feed these wanderers and so they stay. Summer and winter. As you know I'm not particularly fond of cats and or pets in general. I don't know why I'm so antagonistic to these beasts I just am. Truth be known I have actually petted these beings unconsciously for I could be condescending enough to show them off my person. This cat on the seat is actually pretty well groomed and relatively well behaved just obnoxious and coy and extremely elitist. There is another feline which has “adopted” the old smoker ladies. This cat is a real mess probably very old itself, for shooting every which way every time I see the beast I think it's coming off some sort of catnip binge. If there were cigarettes for cats this beast would have one hanging out of its mouth and probably a patch over one of its eyes. This beast is smart enough to hightail every time I come out of the building your the one is not figured me out yet and comes running until it sees me then stops and casually walks away like it meant to do so.


I read more in my Lowell Bennion biography in the shade while sucking on some popsicles I figured it was a perfect way to recover from a holiday weekend…

No comments: