Wednesday, September 07, 2022

My Fair Claire

 

090722 – – Wednesday


Another triple digit day as far as temperatures drop so I used the great copout of being an older persons with a disability it would be wise for me to stay inside and not subject myself to the burning sun. Not that sound would've had anything to do with stopping me if I had something to do that would put me out in the community on the buses or the train. I chose to be shoeless and enjoy the confines of the apartment and particularly, today, my patio which was warm and toasty but not brutally hot since it's pretty much a Northern exposure and gets no direct sunlight hardly ever.


I spent some time before lunch talking with the smokers out in the parking lot it was pretty quiet, the discussion, but soon broke up with everybody except me having responsibilities to provide lunch for their respective mates. I don't really see much of these meetings, I try to stay apolitical because I know these guys are all conservative. The kind of grow on me however and I am quite frankly amazed at how many people stop by and join the whole conversation from time to time. After all, a visitor parking lot and people are coming going to their vehicles. Between the rat dogs and cats I have my share ofspace exposure to domestic beasts. I have yet to really expose my disdain for these hairy beings. I'm sure I will be disbarred from this little group when and if that should happen. Oh well, I'll just continue to play it by ear.


You know what's weird? Is that I kind of feel guilty for not doing anything day-to-day except for the meetings that I attend often on either in person or through Zoom. I have a couple next week but this week I think government offices/and businesses of the private sector are still unpacking from Labor Day weekend. That's okay in the past I've recorded about how much I hated trying to have a board meeting following the holiday weekend. I understand. I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore.


I noticed on Facebook my boss turned 70 yesterday sometime over the weekend. I was kind of shocked because I thought she was older than I was. This is the person who saved my bacon during my last days of employment with the state of Utah. She made arrangements that is continue to work until I was totally eligible for my full pension. Clare published images over get together I assume in North Salt Lake looks like there little place. I would really like to have attended but I doubt I was ever gotten an invitation if not just crashed the event if I knew how and where she lived that would've been kind of fun. She looked pretty good. I think she's lost some weight or maybe a work out or two. I really liked working for her and what she did for me. Happy birthday Claire all the best

No comments: