Friday, September 23, 2022

More Vegetable Juice Nonsense

 


The only thing of any consequences that I have done today has been going over across the street to pick up a few things for my morning cocktail. I know I probably bencher air enough about the wonderful drink I make every morning out of vegetable juice (supposedly hot but it's not) pickled peppers and now pickled carrots.) The only reason I bring this up , yet again is that I'm beginning to add more ingredients to my drink.


It kind of started a couple weeks ago when I couldn't find my couldn't find the jalapeno peppers that I usually use so I purchased a can of sliced jalapenos of a different brand which were okay, the peppers were a lot more firm than the ones from the cans I have been using. The pickle juice however, wasn't nearly as spicy none really going for the spice of this stuff. In the meantime I've actually even tried another Of pickled peppers which had really firm sliced peppers very crunchy which I liked a lot but I wasn't that pleased with the pickling juice. It wasn't nearly as tangy for some of the others. I also purchased a can of pickled carrots had never really tried those before except for those that come with the sliced peppers in the cans that I purchase – – it must be some sort of Hispanic delicacy or go to food product. I truly understand certainly makes frozen burritos a lot more enjoyable. So today I purchased a small can of pickled carrots in a small can of sliced jalapeno peppers I also purchased a stalk of celery which I plan to use in the drink as well as a real green pepper, raw. This last week I used green pepper and another recipe that I cooked and had half a pepper left and I decided what the heck? I sliced up the pepper and dumped it into my pitcher of pickled peppers (I use one of those metered plastic cups that the hospital always sends home with you which now shows up at the DI. They hold a whole can of peppers and that's what I've mixed everything with. So, the green peppers were a little bit over the top when I 1st added them to the juice and what was left of the peppers from the can but really after a day or so were quite tasty and very crunchy. So I'm figuring with the peppers and the green pepper and the small can of pickled carrots I should have a maximum crunch concoction. I thought about even adding a cucumber but I decided not to go there because then what I would have would be that summer vegetable soup dish that I cannot remember the name of right now which is quite good but I'm going to hold off on the cucumber for now.


Autumn has really moved into the area. Even though the sun was out all day, and I was out in the sun, I felt chilly a good part of the time I was out. Granted I was not wearing shoes but I still had on long sleeves and my cap. The trees still haven't really burst into their autumn colors but I'm sure by this time next week will have a good start. Good weather is forecast for the next 7 days with each night temperature dropping more and more significantly which I believe the the trees need to make the change. Until then I plan to be outside as much as possible enjoying the autumn weather sunshine and such. There was a comic con in Salt Lake the past couple of days. I probably should've gone I don't know if I would've liked it I never have gone to voice kind of wanted to special to see the costumes for the comic worshipers. It's over tomorrow though so I don't know for be worth the time to travel up to Salt Lake for that but who knows. I have coffee with my neighbor early on and then maybe if I'm still excited about my co-op for the last hours of comic con just to see what it's all about…

No comments: