Monday, September 12, 2022

Cooking Monday Night

 



I'm cooking tonight and that's a good sign for me anyway. I love to cook and I haven't cooked in some time not real cooking. I want things up you know hotdogs in the microwave, various frozen items in the little toaster oven – – which works really well actually – – but real bona fide cooking like garb rock the other morning and Frank which I was going to make today but now I think I'll wait till tomorrow especially since there will not be a Assist meeting so I don't have to go in Salt Lake. Which is good, not going in Salt Lake, because they're forecasting rain tomorrow and a significant drop in temperature. I will not weep because of the death of summer but I'll be glad I don't have to go in.


So like I said, I'm cooking which means I'm messing with the stove which means I haven't really watched the burners and some time and so as I keep the boiling water it's also cooking off a lot of crap on the cooktop. This is also causing a great deal of smoke and what that means: the high piercing shriek of the fire/smoke alarm. Fortunately, aside from the smell of carbon and other things burning the waters been brought to a boil and I've switched the heat down to simmer which means the smoking top will gradually stop. Lucky for me now smoke alarm now calling the resident advisor to turn off the shrieking system and I could get all my ingredients together for building Frank tomorrow. Still need to process celery, onions and carrots and whatever else I can find in the freezer that needs to be used up. The best part about Frank it can really use anything I can find. The checkout took out last night has been cooked and I'll chop it up further tomorrow to add to the dish. I'm really excited now I haven't cooked as much as I would like to have recently.


I finished streaming all 3 seasons of the Daredevil series which I actually enjoyed and I'm kind of sad that they're not making any more seasons. Oddly, the whole thing was done years ago and I didn't even know it. I thought I was going to get a reprieve and not have to watch anymore series for a while but you know what I found that Disney or whoever is just uploaded to her 3 other series that I might be interested in one especially The Punisher I've not really been interested in this individual before I saw a couple of cameos the guy did for Daredevil. I think I might enjoy the series but we'll see. Looks like they've got about 2 seasons which it be about 26 hours. I don't really binge but I will watch more than one episode at a sitting if I can get away with it. Something to look forward to on dismal gray autumn and winter weekends.


As you can tell by the way am verbally dancing I really haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot this day. It's a Monday will last great days of the summer about the likes of my kitchen and cooking up a storm…

No comments: