Sunday, September 18, 2022

Charging Dilemma

As you know I use a power chair for mobility in fact I have to power chairs one is my main chair and one is my backup. I have 3 chargers actually in the old work mostly so for one am having some doubts about. One charger by my bed that I use to charge might chair overnight. Last night when I went to bed it was late round 11:30 PM and I noticed the light on the front of the charger which generally flashes green as “ready” was an angry red, solid red. I've seen this flash a couple times last couple weeks on this charger I'm not sure what that means. Actually I kind of looked it up the number of months ago but now I've forgotten what it said. Anyway, today is Sunday so I want to make sure I had powered my chair for the trip up to the restaurant this morning with Mark Anthony. So I plugged the angry red charger into my chair in the hopes that even though it was angry and red they would charge my chair overnight. When I woke up this morning the charger was still an angry red light but I was pleased to have the chair turn on when I flip the switch forward but sadly no charging happen during the night. Fortunately, the charge meter on my power chair read about 76% which should guarantee that I could get back and forth to the restaurant with no problem so I wasn't too stressed out. Mark Anthony is leaving town today driving up to Idaho 1st to spend the night with his cousins and then into Oregon spent a couple days with his sister Shelley and her family. Were both a little worried about his vehicle but have faith that it will make the trip there and back again. Following a fine breakfast I headed back to the apartments might notice that the body heal caution light is on which meant that I was going down on my bed are very quickly. I almost tried to cross the street in the middle of the block which cuts off quite a bit of travel time but I didn't have enough faith in myself or my chair that I would get across without it stopping is nothing I hate worse than stopping in mid-traffic people love to shake their fists and honked their horns at the “J-roller”. So I elected to go all the way to the cross in light and by the time I got to the apartments my battery a gun to the red zone showing about 5%. Fortunately I have a system set up next to my computer i.e. Internet connection i.e. streaming services that I can plug in my chair tilt back and watch movies for a couple hours to at least bring my power up to a state that I feel comfortable in case I need to use it for some reason to go on an extended roll. I don't think I needed such a thing but still was good enough reason as any to slovenly kickback and watch the TV for 2 hours. At least I didn't watch a marble presentation oh wait I did not I think about it. I watch the news Thor movie. And before I watch the movie there was a Marble “Assembled” feature about the making of the latest Thor movie which was enough to motivate me to watch the movie over again and charge my chair. I was not impressed with the movie the 1st time I saw it actually I was quite disappointed in the whole thing. On watching the movie this time however, I enjoyed the feature a lot more not even remembering most of the movie which kind of spooks me. But it was but it was good the maven watched again before too long. Part of the reason for rehearsing this 1st or 2nd paragraph was that Ellen will the people in the smoking group that I sit in on every once in a while has a power chair from independent living Center and has one charger she showed interest that I had to chargers. She said she was interested in getting the back of charger like an idiot I said I had one thought possibly could work. My dilemma now is to give her a charger the giver the one at the red light. I'm going to put my chair on the red light charger tonight and see if it goes back to green and see if it'll charge my chair. If so I will let her use it tells the longer of use. The sad part is that that will bring me down to just to chargers the charger by my computer workstation in my backup backup charger will have to see. If not we can surely look into getting her charger through one of the programs either through you cat or the loan program..

No comments: