Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Night Frights

 

You know what's weird? Is this whole economic inflation thing at least it's weird for me. If I dwell on it too long the whole concept can actually frighten me. And maybe I need to be frightened about the whole inflation thing. I believe I've discussed before how I'm kind of fascinated with the whole concept of economics. I can't wish I'd studied it more when at the University. I listened to Marketplace every day which certainly gives me a rundown on what's going on not that I really understand a lot of it but I do understand the interviews they have with various individuals. You know these “people living within the economy” how they're doing and how their surviving everyone from farmers and farm families to steelworkers and folks just trying to survive going to the market for groceries in such. It gets a little spooky listening to all these folks talking about how much more there having to spend for their groceries and services. I do notice the prices on the things that I am purchasing either increasing our folks packaging their items and smaller containers and charging the same price as before.


Right now my lifestyle is not really changed, since I don't do a whole lot anyway, I suppose this is a blessing of sorts. I read and I have a whole library upstairs as well as if I want to purchase a book that could via the Internet or Amazon. I still get these volumes at dirt prices so I'm not feeling the pinch that way. I'm kind of waiting for some sort of rent increase but nothing has happened yet I don't think it will be significant if it does. This place I live in is kind of rent controlled. I shudder to think what would happen if that were to change. I've not heard anything and I would I think because major changes from management would be bounced off the Board of Directors of which I am one. We do have a meeting coming up next week, our quarterly board meeting and who knows what will happen then. I worry that our director will retire shortly he certainly deserves to but my little spooked about who would replace him when he does retire. I should have more faith in the guise of the top they usually do pretty good. I suppose if I bought new clothes I might notice some price increases. But if and when I do buy new clothes there usually at some kind of discount website. I've thought about some new shoes they seem a bit more expensive but if I were to go to one of the big stores I have shoe departments for cheap I could probably do okay. To be honest, one of the reasons I've done so well I believe, is that I've really held onto the presidential money or whatever that was called Pres. Biden gave All-Americans a couple years ago. I think I've just about exhausted it now luckily, I've put a little in savings, so if I had to purchase something out of the ordinary that my monthly pension could not handle I think I would be okay. But I'm still feeling anxious to the point where I turned off the local as well as national news. It was all way too painful for a Friday night.


Weekend looks pretty good but I don't really plan on doing a whole heck of a lot. Maybe I'll bus up to Walmart are the stores across the street just to look around then for a change of view not that I need one. Have coffee tomorrow morning with my neighbor were going across the street to the coffee shop Hidden Peaks and then later Sunday morning all have breakfast with Mark Anthony admitted to granddaughter who says I have nothing to do?…

No comments: