Thursday, September 08, 2022

Resistance Is Futile

 



You all know that I'm a real sucker for traditional type things. Like to have myself fall into a romantic idea of oneness celebration or another. I don't watch the midday report every day but today I had some time when I was around the TV around 12 noon and I tuned in and of course it was their pre-Greek Festival broadcast. They had one of the big Greek promoters/Cook's making Greek meatballs which looked great. The talking heads expounded on how wonderful the Greek Festival is now everyone needs to go and watch the dancing and eat the food and have a total great time and spend! Now this is where I have the moment of weakness. It sounds like a great way to spend at an evening or afternoon. And whoever does the Greek vessel made it easy to get to by putting a attract station right by the basketball Coliseum making getting there a cinch even for somebody in a power chair. I sucker for the whole 9 yards. A couple years ago I fell for the commercials for the state fair (which by the way opens today at the fairgrounds). It's a little bit more difficult to get there but you can do it by the bus relatively simple. However once that I got there it was just rolling around looked at this and looking at that having some fair food but dodging people and bumping over those giant electric cords which seems to run everywhere especially in the amusement area. You can always spend hours in the exhibit Barnes but that gets old real fast if you ask me bunch of old ladies Jonesing for blue ribbons for their pickled peppers. I always come away thinking is the last time I will ever do that. But already in sinking in the back of my mind “that might not be a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening” I'm just so dumb!


I do like some of the fair food that's true especially if you can find real live corndogs made the way they used to. It's almost worth the discomfort for a real corndogs. I sort of think the same is true as far as the Greek food goes. Launch our cook did a big piece on the Greek meatballs sorted by mouth water. In fact there's another joint on 33rd South and about 4th East, a place calledThe Med of course for they do Mediterranean food. That's another hidden gem . You have to watch their menu but every once in a while they have this beautiful plum stopped meatball sized to your fist actually it comes with 2 meatballs and their great. But that's information for another blog. The heat dome which is been sitting on Utah for the past week feels like it's making a decision to move on. The hurricane of California are the Gulf of Mexico has begun pumping moisture into the area and I think pushing a low-pressure system into the area moving at dome out finally. I bring this up only's illustrate the fact the weather might be very travel able for the next couple of days maybe a few drops of rain. Maybe I will as long as it does not rain on my parade.

No comments: