Thursday, September 29, 2022

Steaks, Power Failure And Rescue

 


I could go on and on about how I went across the street today to the Macy's grocery and purchased a $15 T-bone steak! How I justified such a need to replace blood lost recently. Perhaps also reinforced with the knowledge that my Social Security as well as pension checks have been deposited in my account so I know I got the protein covered. Not really don't know if ingesting a good steak replaces any blood loss but boy the steak was great. Enough said I may still yet possibly blog on whatever inflation or just gouging by the retail industry is doing to everyone. Because all got superseded at least in my mind by the fact that this afternoon this is diligently retrieve my wash and was in the bedroom waiting for my 3 o'clock show to start when all the sudden when driving my chair forward just a little bit the chair jumped – – I characterized as a “burp”. My chair was totally dead.


Nothing brings me down quicker than sitting in the multi-hundred pound paperweight goes without power that's all this chair is. Luckily, I was close enough to my arm bike, where I had my cell phone resting while I do my workout. Space luckily again I had a stick with me long enough to reach the cell phone which I knocked on the floor then was able to pick up with a long handled dust pan. I was able to call my chair mechanic who was helpful in the long run but in the short run was questionable. Luckily (I know there's a lot of luckily here) I also called the manager of the apartment complex who then got me in touch with the social worker type person here. My creature mechanic informed me of a reset button on the side of the chair that's just out of my reach. I was hoping that Rochelle would be able to press the button and bring my chair back to life. Rochelle did just that actually when she finally was able to get to the apartment. However it wasn't the reset button which was the problem one of the main wires/cords from my control box to the power structure of the chair had gotten pulled out of the chair causing the down time. She eventually plugged in record in my chair came back to life! Great relief. I soon realized however that with the rebooting of my chair I lost a major function which was the chair manipulation function which allows me to tilt in place, raise that foot pedals extend the foot pedals and use the elevator function on the seat up and down. All of these items I use counsel. Don't get me wrong I was happy as a clam that at least the chair would move I could get to the bathroom and I suppose I could of gotten on and off the bed if I couldn't get these functions working. I called my buddy Alan the wheelchair mechanic and of course she couldn't come over then but he would stop by on his way home from work sometime around 5. Which is okay I can deal with this that long.


But Allen did arrive be checked out the chair push the reset button nothing happened and then I informed him about the unplug cord. The unplug the cord and plug the backend nothing happened within a couple more times. They figure that when the chair reset itself somehow didn't turn on this part or function of the chair. So I had mobility but was not able to do any seating adjustments like I said to use constantly. He figured he'd need to bring a small handheld computer they used to program the computers amuse chairs and I figured I could hang out for a day. In the last minute however he Allen had the idea that what he did what he did was bring the chair back to functionally perfectly a real trauma avoided.


The $15 steak was incredibly good, in fact I still have half of it left and half of the roast potato I just hope I can get my blood count backup…

No comments: